┊ii. two

Her boots stomped unintentionally along the pristine flooring of the OSCORP building. Eden was on a mission of finding Gwen Stacey so she could order in their lunch, but the girl seemed nowhere to be found and wasn't answering any of her calls.

Her eyes rake the halls and the offices she walk past, until she finally spots a familiar blonde ponytail walking into one of the many labs. What surprised Eden was the hoard of people following after her into the lab.

The raven haired girl mentally facepalms, the internship program! Gwen was supposed to be leading it since she was Dr. Connors best and favorite, Eden had somehow completely forgotten all about it; too caught up with her fathers symbiote research.

She quietly makes her way after them, listening to Dr. Connors greet the visiting interns and subtly waving Gwen over from the back of the crowd. The blonde simply widens her eyes at her in a signal to wait.

"Anyone care to venture a guess just how?" the older man asks the group, seemingly testing them to see if any of them have the brains to join his research.

One boy raises his hand from the front of the group, being signaled to give his answer. "Stem cells?"

"Promising. But the solution I'm thinking of is more radical."

The group stands in an awkward silence, Dr. Connors himself seemingly disappointed that no one had given him the answer he wanted.

How has no one said-

"Cross species genetics." a voice that Eden knew all too well speaks up, voicing her thoughts and startling everyone. Her best friend furrows her eyebrows at her in question, to which she shakes her head not knowing that he would be here.

Gwen takes a quick glance down at the tablet in her hands, reviewing the interns names one by one. She looks back up at her friend with a shake of her head, a silent notion that the boys name wasn't on the attendee list.

"Person gets Parkinson's when the brain cells that produce dopamine start to disappear." Peter continues explaining, impressing Dr. Connors as well as the group around him.

"But a zebra fish has the ability to regenerate cells on command. If you could somehow give this ability to whoever you're talking about, that's that. She's curing herself."

"You'll just have to look past the gills on her neck." one of the other boys retorts, the group laughing along with him. However, the three in lab coats seemed to be impressed at Peters extensive knowledge.

"And you are?" the british man questions, raising an eyebrow at the boy.

The two girls glance at each other frantically as Peter hesitates, silently arguing through their eyes before Gwen intervenes. "He's one of midtown's best and brightest."

"Really?"

"He's tied for second in his class." Eden speaks, moving towards the front of the group.

"Eden! So lovely of you to join us." Dr. Connors beams, pointing at the girl. "I'd like to introduce you all to our head intern for our symbiote research program, Eden Leung."

The girl smiles and waves shyly at the group of people, Peter giving her an embarrassed glance. However there was no more time for any other questions as Connors' phone goes off.

"I'm afraid duty calls." the man apologizes. "I'll leave you in the more than capable hands of Miss Stacy and Miss Leung. Nice meeting you all."

The man walks off, leaving the girls with the clueless intern recruits. Eden turns to her best friend with an eye roll and a heavy breath.