┊ix. nine

Eden had never made a trip so quick in her life as that night she rushed across town to get to Oscorp. Midtown was a nightmare during rush over yet Eden still managed to make the trip in just a little over an hour, hoping and praying that she wasn't going to let Peter down the first time he asks for her help. She was also hoping and praying that she wouldn't run into her parents since that would be another nightmare to add onto her list.

If there was one thing she would damn Peter Parker for, it's for making her keep this secret. But she understood why he did it and she would never betray that trust.

Eden had been around Connors' labs enough time when she would annoy Gwen to know exactly where everything was kept. The Ganali device sat eloquently in the back corner of the lab, waiting patiently to be used. She was just thankful there had been no one lingering around the lab when Connors wasn't around.

Yeah, because he's running around as a giant fucking lizard.

She had managed to pull out the tubes that were already in the machine and find the file Peter had instructed to find pretty easily and was now silently begging the timer to move faster. It had only been two minutes of impatiently pacing around the lab when her phone loudly rang, disrupting the suffocating silence she had been stuck in.

"Hey, please tell me you're okay." she speaks as soon as she picks up, her teeth biting down harshly on her nails.

Peters voice comes through the phone frantically, confusing the girl for a second. "I'm fine. Where are you?"

"I'm at Oscorp, like you told me." Eden explains slowly, the bubble of worry in her chest rapidly expanding.

"Eden, I need you to get out of there right now!"

"What? Why? What's going on?"

She couldn't see him but she could just imagine him bouncing about and throwing his arms around in panic just by the tone of his voice.

"Connors is on his way, he needs the dispersement device and he's gonna infect the whole city."

"Infect the whole- Oh, God." she freezes, her pulse going to skyrocketing levels at that point. "There's only eight minutes left but I can get everyone else out of here."

"Eight min- Eden!" Peter yells, growing more and more concerned for her by the second. "People are going to die, you leave there right now and that's an order!"

"Just because I let you kiss me doesn't mean you can give me orders, Peter Parker."

"Eden, listen to me. You have to lea-"

She doesn't let him finish his sentence as she quickly ends the call and rushes to the other side of the lab to activate the emergency evacuation alarms. Taking a lucky guess and muttering a quick prayer, she pushes her the four pin code and slides down on the screen. She watches it go red for a second before sounding the alarm all throughout the building.

Countless people ran by the glass doors of Connors' lab, clearly panicked over what could have caused the alarm. Eden was counting down the seconds as she watched them all rush past, her anxiety growing the longer she stood there, knowing that in just a few seconds she would be the only one left inside this building.

That thought alone terrified her, but she had to do this for Peter.

She was almost at the three minute mark when she spotted the helicopter circling the building, a blinding spotlight beaming through the glass. He's here. Merely seconds after that realisation, a crash sounded from a couple levels below her, the whole building shaking along with it.