┊v. five

⋆  ┄┄┄✦┄┄┄ ⋆

⋆  ┄┄┄✦┄┄┄ ⋆

     The news broke early the next morning. Ben Parker had been shot on the sidewalk in midtown last night, just after Eden had dropped him off and saw the man alive and well. She made her way into school the next morning with a determination to find Peter as soon as she could.

Eden had already tried to call him and she had left a couple texts, but he hadn't replied to anything. She couldn't blame him for it either, this definitely wasn't easy for him. First his parents and now this, the girl herself felt sick to the stomach just thinking about what he's going through.

She finally found him after second period, his hands pinning Flash Thompson by the collar of his jacket against the lockers, a crowd forming around them. Midtowns resident bully didn't seem to have a sneer on his face for once, looking down at Peter sympathetically.

The brunette finally drops the boy, shaking his head in shame before turning and begining to walk in Edens direction. Her breath caught in her throat as his teary eyes made contact with hers, his throat bobbing viciously as he attempts to hold back his emotions.

Eden quickly grabs hold of his hand, dragging him away from all the judgmental and prying eyes of their peers. She leads him out to one of the benches in the courtyard, that was mildly empty around this time of day, her arms wrapping around him tightly the moment they were alone.

Peter held onto her waist tightly, his face buried in the crook of her neck as the tears fell down his face. The girl didn't know what she was supposed to do, she had never comforted a person who's lost someone before; not counting when Gwen's grandmother passed away in third grade and they ate chocolate for two days straight.

"God, I'm so sorry." Peter sniffles as he pulls away from her, suddenly embarrassed by his actions.

Eden furrowed her eyebrows. "What on Earth are you sorry for?"

"I didn't mean to unload on you like this. I'm sorry, it's pathetic." He shakes his head, wiping his tears furiously as he attempts to push past her and head back into the hallway.

"Woah, hey!" she puts her hands up to block his path. "Peter, you're allowed to be upset. He...he was your uncle and your feelings are valid. It's okay to cry, Pete."

Peter stands there for a minute, nothing but silence passing between them as he takes in multiple deep breaths. His eyes were still full of tears begging to be unshed, her hands were still wrapped tightly around his forearms, thumbs rubbing soft circles across his skin.

"I should probably get to class." he mumbles, looking at the clock above the archway leading into the hallways.

Eden simply nods her head, biting the inside of cheek and hating that there was nothing she could do for him. "Yeah, me too. I'll see you later though?"