┊xi. eleven

Eden Leung had always dreamt of the day she would finally graduate high school. Ever since they were little girls, Eden and Gwen had planned out their whole lives together; everything from their tenth birthday parties to being each others maids of honor. Sitting in her chair on the school field that afternoon with the sun beaming brightly above them, felt almost surreal to her.

The girl felt proud knowing her whole family was there that afternoon, along with Gwen and her whole family. The only thing missing at that moment in time was her crazy superhero boyfriend, who had yet to show up to the ceremony. She had already gotten multiple texts from the blonde asking where the boy was, since is seat was closer to hers than Edens.

The faculty speeches was drawing to an end and it was almost time for Gwens valedictorian speech when she finally decided to call him. It rang for a total of two times before the boy picked up, the loud noises from his end shocking her eardrums.

"Hey, um, I'm sorry!" Peter speaks, "I'm running a bit late, got stuck in some traffic."

Eden couldn't help but roll her eyes, knowing fully well he wasn't stuck in any traffic. "You have really terrible timing, Parker. How far away are you?"

"Uh, I'm on second and Broadway...third and Broadway. Five minutes, ten tops!"

"Peter, I can hear the sirens."

"Nope, no. No sirens."

"You are an awful liar, Peter Parker." she scoffs, the other end of the line going silent for a few seconds. "Pete? Hello?"

"I'll be there soon, I promise!"

Eden wasn't given a second more to think of something else to say before the line went dead. Did he just hang up on me?

She was just about to call the boy back when the principals voice broke her focus. "Please welcome your valedictorian, Gwen Stacy!"

In a second, the girl was on her feet, screaming at the top of her lungs. A few people turned to look at her strangely but she could faintly hear Gwens mother in the bleachers having the same enthusiasm.

She could spot the blonde chuckling as she made her way up the stage, turning around to slightly shake her head at her best friend.

"Good morning esteemed faculty and families of my fellow graduates." Gwens speaks into the mic, a wide smile across her face. Eden sat in her place in the crowd of their peers, subconsciously mouthing the words along with her.

Over the past month, Gwen had been majorly stressing out over her valedictorian speech, resulting in long nights in either of their bedrooms going over it time and time again. One time, the blonde even resorted to crashing a date night because she wasn't sure about a sentence she had written down.

Seeing her best friend right now though, so excited to be speaking in front of everyone, made all those long nights worth it, It didn't take long for the speech to be over and for the diplomas to start handing out.

Eden sat patiently awaiting her turn as everyones names were being called out, her fingers rapidly working across her phone screen and spamming Peters phone with hundreds of messages.

As perfect timing as ever, the boy finally swings in as his name was being called out, a cheerful look on his face. He takes his diploma, gives Gwen a tight hug and high fives their principle before running off the stage and towards his girlfriend.

"I'm sewing you a watch on the suit for your next birthday." she speaks quietly, a laugh leaving her as he leans down and firmly presses his lips against her own.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna stop being late." he jokes, pulling her in for yet another kiss.

The couple had parted ways soon after that, each of them going back to their assigned seats to wait for the ceremony to end. As soon as it was over, Eden had run off to find her family.