┊xiii. thirteen

Eden draws in a deep breath as she glares at her laptop screen, the link her sister sent her staring right back at her. Rina had gone on and on over the past few weeks about how amazing Seoul University is and how great their programs are, it had somewhat encouraged Eden to take a look at it.

What she had found definitely did not disappoint, the campus as well as the dorms were stunning and not to mention spacious. Don't get her started on the direct campus hospital either, Eden could only dream of working in a place like that someday.

But maybe that's what all this was: a dream.

She wasn't sure she even wanted to go back to Korea, she had only ever visited in the summers and could never decide if she wanted to go back to living there based on that. Not to mention the fact that she would have to leave her family behind; as much as she loved Rina, there was only so much she could handle from that girl.

Then there was Peter.

The Peter she loved with every atom of her being, the boy she could imagine herself being with for the rest of her life. The same Peter who was already planning their future together.

But on the other hand, this could be good for her. New country, fresh start and she can finally learn all about her culture and heritage. Not to mention being closer to all their cousins and all the family they had left behind there.

Letting out a frustrated groan, she slams her laptop shut and buried her hands in her hair. She hated that she needed to make this decision, she especially hated that Rina had made the suggestion because now she couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Rough day?" A voice she recognized as none other than Peter asks as he approaches her, placing a soft kiss on the top of her head.

"Just applications and stuff." she brushes off with a smile, taking hold of his hand when he sits down next to her.

"Have you heard anything back yet?" Eden gives him a sad smile and a shake of her head. "Well, we've still got time."

Desperate for a change of topic, she nudges her head towards his camera. "You mailed off those pictures yet?"

Peter lets go of her hand, pushing his laptop screen open. "I was actually just about to do that. I'm still try to get Jameson to see that spider-man's trying to help but-"

"But that man is stubborn as shit. Who cares if he doesn't see it? Majority of New York does."

"Media influence, Ed. If he keeps saying I'm- spider-man is bad, then sooner or later people are gonna believe it."

Eden tilts her head at her boyfriend, eyebrows furrowing. "Is that why you've been spending so many on patrol? You save more people, the less people think you're bad."

Peter refuses to meet her eye, knowing fully well that she had caught him out and he has no way to excuse himself. He only looks back up at her when she lets out a sigh and starts packing her stuff.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"Oscorp. Picking up Gwen for lunch, remember?" she replies, bag already on her shoulder. "Invite still stands, you know."

"Can't. I already called in to go see Harry."

"Still can't believe Harry Osbourne is your best friend."