┊xviii. eighteen

Edens brown eyes and bright smile stared back at him. Aunt May was stood right by his side, grasping tightly onto his arm in need of some support herself. The Parkers were stood near the front, right by the Leungs and the Stacys; the closest people to Eden in life and in death.

Peter didn't deserve to be there. This was all his fault, if he had just left Eden alone like George Stacy had advised, none of this would have ever happened. May had to physically pull the boy out of bed and dress him that morning.

The womans heart itself was breaking at the mere thought she would never be able to have breakfast with her nephews girlfriend anymore. She wouldn't have someone to keep her company and complain about Peter to anymore.

May Parker had treated Eden as the daughter she had always wanted. She loved the girl beyond belief and had cried her heart out when they got the call from the Leungs. What she hated even more than that was having to tell Peter that his love was dead.

Gwen Stacy was stood off just to the other side of the boy, quiet sobs leaving her as she gazed at the same picture he had been staring at. The blonde hadn't made her flight to England after all, she couldn't leave her family in a state like this, so she cancelled her early summer program.

The Leungs on the other hand had been demolished as a family. Katherine had felt completely and utterly numb since the moment she received the phone call from the police station. She had screamed for minutes, grief taking over her ever nerve.

The family was now stood, receiving greetings and condolences; John Leung was physically holding up his wife while his mother-in-law was already sat in her chair. Rina was attempting to be strong for her parents and her grandmothers sake but that was her baby sister in that casket.

When everyone had found their positions around the casket, the funeral celebrant had made his way to the podium. "Hello everyone, today we are gathered for a celebration of life. Eden Leung was a smart and determined young woman, with many accomplishments that should be celebrated here today."

The burial site was dead silent as the man continued his introduction; Peter couldn't help but feel slightly bitter that this man was speaking of her so highly, yet he never knew her. Eden had so much more life to live, so much more to give to this world.

This wasn't fair.

"I would like to call on Rina Leung, the departed's sister, to say a few words."

All eyes turned to the woman climbing onto the podium, furiously wiping at her eyes as she faced the large crowd that was here to mourn his siter. "This isn't something I ever thought I would have to do in my lifetime. Eden is...was, my baby sister— God, that feels wrong to say."

The girl turns away for a moment, trying to compose herself as the tears started flowing once again. She couldn't believe she was having to say goodbye to her sister so soon, if it was up to her, she never would have to say goodbye to her sister.

"Eden and I never really got along growing up." Rina began once more, clearing her throat. "We used to fight and argue all the time, eomma used to yell at us all the time because of it. But she was always my baby sister, always my responsibility, what I needed to protect.

"I remember one time when Eden was still in elementary school, she came home crying because some girls were making fun of her." a small smile takes over the womans face. "I never told our parents this, but the next day I walked her to school, and I made her tell me who it was. I marched into the principal's office, and I made her call up all of their parents and I waited to see what would happen.

"Those kids never made fun of Eden again. I felt so proud that I was able to protect my sister." Rinas voice cracks, the tears making their way down her face again but this time she didn't care. "I couldn't protect her this time. The one time she needed it the most. I'm so sorry, Eden. Nopi narara, no jageun chonsa. Naneun hangsang dangsineul saranghapnida."