┊x. ten

Eden slams her locker shut, rubbing at her temples gently as she looks down at the checklist in her hands. She has a busy week ahead of her for yearbook, all the biggest events of the school year seemingly taking place simultaneously. An arm suddenly wraps around her waist and whirls her around, pressing her back against the lockers.

"Hello to you too, Parker." Eden laughs as her visions focuses on the person in front of her. Her hands raise to rest themselves against his chest as he pulls her closer.

"Good morning." He smiles before leaning down and pressing his lips firmly against hers.

A gagging noise from nearby causes the pair to break apart, only turning to find none other than Gwen Stacy stood with her tongue out at them.

"I know I helped form this relationship but fucking hell are you guys mushy." the blonde speaks, a sly smirk across her face.

The couple had not yet figured out a way to move past their guilt over what happened that night at Oscorp, making every interaction with Gwen much more difficult than it should be. Eden wanted to tell her the full truth of it all, but she couldn't do that without Peters approval and the boy wasn't ready to face that yet.

Eden keeps one arm wrapped around her now boyfriend and uses her other to pull in her best friend. "You're both still coming to halmeonis tonight, right?"

"I wouldn't miss that womans cooking for the world." Gwen gushes, wrapping her arm around her friends waist as the three of them start to make their way down to the yearbook office.

Peter nods his head along. "Pretty sure she still hates me for using a fork to eat my noodles last time, but yeah."

"She doesn't hate you, Pete." Eden giggles, recalling the dinner they had with her family last week. "She just wants you to embrace the Korean culture."

"Trust me, they do it to everyone who joins their family." the blonde rolls her eyes, causing the Korean girl to shove her away from her jokingly.

Peter watches the two girls admiringly, the extent of their friendship never ceasing to amaze him. It was times like these when the guilt became a little too much to bear for him and he just felt the truth wanting to come out to the blonde. But he worried that he would lose her as a friend and cause a rift between her and Eden.

Then his eyes moved to solely his girlfriend, honing in on the way her nose scrunched as she laughed and the way her eyes crinkled. He could feel his heart growing in his chest every time he looked at her, his promise to George Stacey always interrupting the thoughts.

"Hello? Earth to Peter!" Eden snaps her fingers in his face, a soft smile gracing her lips. "You okay?"

Peter nods his head rapidly. "Yeah, just thinking of how much I need to get done for this yearbook."

The two girls let out simultaneous groans, Edens head coming to rest exhaustedly against her boyfriends shoulder. "Don't remind me. I've got so many pages to edit, I'm going to lose my mind."

"We should get to work then, don't you think miss senior editor?" Gwen mocks, moving past the couple and into the office to get a head start on her own pages.

Before Peter could pull Eden after their friend, she holds him back. "Penny for your thoughts?" Peter hums, eyebrows furrowed. "Come on, I know when you're lying and you're definitely not worried about the yearbook."

The boy couldn't help but lean down to press a kiss to her forehead. "Thinking of telling her the truth."

Eden would be lying if she said she wasn't absolutely stunned by his words since the last time they spoke about telling Gwen, he had been completely against it. "What changed your mind?"

"I'm not saying that I'm going to tell her. I'm just trying to figure out what would happen if I did, I don't to be the reason why anyone else is put in danger."

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop worrying so much about everything?"

"As many times as you can, cause I don't think I'll ever be convinced."

The girl rolls her eyes at him playfully. Ever since George Stacey died that night, Eden had needed to calm Peters worries more often than she would like to admit. She hated having to see him ruin himself like this over things that were completely out of his control.

She places her hand on his cheeks, forcing him to look at her. "You're keeping me around, are you not?"

"That's because you're one stubborn motherfucker." he lets out a hearty laugh, filling her own body with warmth at the sound of it.

"Stop worrying. The universe always has a plan, not everythings in your control."

Before he could think of a response, his phone pings in his pocket. He quickly pulls it out and read over the news notification of a robbery near Times Square. He looks up at Eden with apologetic eyes but she only gives him a small smile, fully knowing what he wanted to do.

"You are insatiable when it comes to trouble, Peter Parker." she speaks quietly, reaching up to give him another soft kiss before letting him go, signaling for him to leave.

"I'm even more insatiable when it comes to you, Eden Leung."

"Go, I'll finish your pages."

MAYA SPEAKS

aaaaaand that is the end of act one!

I know nothing really happened here but it felt like a better ending than just leaving it open like that at the last chapter

I hope you've all enjoyed this first part of their story, you're in for a real treat with act two

as always, stay safe and stay hydrated <3