┊xvi. sixteen

"What. The fuck!" Gwen screeched as quietly as she possibly could, knowing their families were just downstairs and probably wondering where the pair had run off to.

Peter Parker stood right in front of her, spider suit on with his mask in hand. His eyes were glancing at her warily, his arms dropping to his sides as the blonde spins to glare at his girlfriend.

Edens mind was going a million miles an hour right now, silently cursing Peter for his impeccable timing. This was definitely not how she imagined them telling Gwen about this, in fact, she thought Peter had completely pushed the thought out of his mind.

"This is a joke, right?" she scoffs at Eden, "Because it's really not funny. How the fuck did you get all the way up there, you could've gotten yourself killed!"

Eden lets out a heavy sigh, her back still rested on her door. "Gwen, it's not a joke. Just...I think you should sit down."

"Sit down? Sit. Down?! Your boyfriend is fucking spider-man!"

"Okay, maybe we should keep it down. Everyone's still-"

"You know, it all makes sense." Gwen was now laughing hysterically, hands ruffling through her hair as she slightly paced Eden's room. "The way he disappears all the time, how you're always so wound up when he's not around. Oh my God, this is insane."

The blondes cheeks were almost as red as the fiery setting sun currently shining through Eden's windows, its beams illuminating Peters figure from where she stood.

Eden could feel herself internally cringing at the situation they were thrust into. In fact, she felt like she was going to throw up the whole dinner they just had just looking at the two most important people in her life. On the most important day of Gwens life.

"We've wanted to tell you for a while." Peter starts, his voice low and calm. "We just didn't know how. Trust me, Eden hated every single second of it but I couldn't put you in danger Gwen."

"Put me in danger? What the fuck is that supposed to mean, Peter?" the blonde yells quietly, taking into consideration that their families were still having drinks downstairs. "And you have nothing you want to say?"

Eden was surprised, to say the least. It wasn't her secret to tell, so she wasn't really sure what Gwen expected from her. "I- I don't know what you want me to say." she mumbled.

"Anything! Did you want to 'keep me out of danger' too? Or is it just your self righteous boyfriend?"

"Okay, Gwen, you need to calm down alright? Just-"

Gwen interrupts Peter yet again, not necessarily wanting to hear his voice right now. "Tell me to calm down one more time, Parker, and I swear to God-"

"We couldn't tell you because we promised your dad to keep you out of it!" Eden exclaims, grasping her friends attention.

The blonde girl looked stunned. No, stunned was an understatement. She was dumbfounded by the revelation that her late father had known Peter Parker was spider-man. Her eyes glaze over as the water starts to pool on her waterline at the thought of her dad.

"He...I- what? What are you talking about?" she stammered, feeling suddenly very disarmed.

Eden takes a deep breath, rubbing her hands down her face. "Gwen...we were there that night. At Oscorp."

"You- no. No! Th- that doesn't make sense."

"Gwen, I know this is difficult but-"

"I need to go." Gwen decides, grabbing her jacket off the bed and spinning quickly on her heel towards the door.