┊xvii. seventeen

It was crazy how one minute you could be the happiest you have felt in ages and then the next you're falling from the tallest peak all the way down to rock bottom. That was exactly how Eden Leung and Peter Parker felt as they witnessed the entire city's lights go out right below them.

It seemed as though Max Dillon had finally re-emerged, and he was sending out a message, not only to spider-man but to anyone who had ever treated him wrongly. They had both stood on top of the skyscraper, grasping onto each other tightly as they watched the blue specs of electricity bursting from every source it could emerge from.

Giving her one final kiss on her forehead, Peter pulls on his face and takes hold of Eden before swinging back down to the streets where police cars had begun to congregate. Peter had begun to aid the officer, sharing a few words before he rushed back to Eden.

"I need to go, stay away from any power source." Peter rushed, hands moving animatedly as he readies himself to swing away. "I'll come see you later, promise."

"What? Peter, no!" she immediately protested, grabbing hold of his arm. "Remember what happened to you web shooters last time? You can't fight him!"

"What choice do I have? This isn't going to stop and-"

"Eden!" a voice calls for them from the distance, blocked from their path by police barriers that were trying to contain the chaos as best as they could. "Let me through. My father was captain George Stacy!"

The officer in front of Gwen seemed to have been stunned by the revelation, slowly moving aside to let the blonde girl through. She immediately rushes over to her best friend, eyeing up the spider suit carefully now that she finally knew was underneath it.

"What are you doing here?" Eden questions, eyes widening at her best friend.

"The diner is down the street; I saw you guys swinging down here." the blonde quickly explained before turning to Peter. "Is this the same guy from Times Square? Didn't they catch him?"

Peter lets out a huff, looking left and right impatiently. "Yeah, that's what I thought too but it's definitely him."

"Why the hell are you still here then? don't tell me being upset is affecting you this much, the whole city is falling apart!"

"That is definitely not it."

"He can't fight him." Eden turns to her genius best friend, hoping that she might have a solution to their problems. "His web shooters get fried every time he tries."

"Are they made out of metal?" The couple nods and Gwen raises her eyebrow at them, as if their answer could be easily obtained by a five-year-old. "Okay then just magnetize them."

Eden and Peter both turned to look at each other in pure surprise, how did they not think of that already?

In mere seconds, Gwen had flagged down another officer and had obtained a pair of jumper cables. Eden sat in the driver's seat of the police car, waiting for Gwens signal to start the engine while she hooked up the web shooters to the car.

She had crawled her way out of the car and next to Gwen as she watched her place a pin close to the web shooters and it successfully being pulled onto it.

"Gwen Stacy you're a fucking genius!" Peter yelled as the group cheered at their success. "Okay, I gotta go. Both of you please just go home and be safe!"

"Woah- hey, wait!" Gwen calls after him, "Do you even know how to shut that grid down?"

"I'll figure it out, just please-"