┊xv. fifteen

Eden had gotten a call from May Parker one early afternoon that week, which was odd because she rarely ever called her. That was what lead to her standing on the Parkers doorstep when she should have been with Gwen at her Oxford interview.

May had let her in almost as soon as her foot touched their porch, the older woman looked more distressed than Eden had ever seen her. She was quickly pulled into the house by her boyfriends frantic aunt.

"I don't know what's wrong with him." the woman huffs, biting down on one of her nails. "He's been acting strange for the past few weeks, I thought it was just college stress. But he's been locked up in his room for a couple days now and I don't know what to do. I didn't know who else to call."

Eden took a couple urgent steps towards the woman she had grown to love so much. She gave her a tight hug, followed by a quick reassurance that she would make sure he was okay. In the back of her mind, Eden knew exactly what was keeping Peter closed off but she would never admit it to May.

A crash sounds from Peters room as she near his bedroom door, causing her to push her feet to move faster. Pushing his door open in panic, her eyes lock with her boyfriends before scanning the mess that was his bedroom.

Peters head lifts in a rush, worried that his aunt had come home without him realizing. His shoulders seemed to relax only slightly as he spots his girlfriends wary eyes staring back at him.

"What are you doing here?" he huffs, running an agitated hand through his hair as he looks around at the mess he had created.

Eden's own eyes scan over the room, noticing all the maps and strings and photographs he had stripped off his walls and now lied all across his floor. "Peter...I'm worried about you. May is worried about you."

Her boyfriends wasn't listening though, something across his bedroom floor piquing his interest more than the woman he loved at that moment. He bends down, grabbing what looked to be a calculator and a bunch of coins off the floor.

"Peter, you have to tell me what's going on." Eden urges, heart racing in her chest. "What is all this stuff?"

Peter was yet again rushing around his room, coins in hand, he pulled out his desk chair and sits down. His fingers moved across his computers keyboard at an unnatural speed. "It's stuff my dad left behind. I've been trying to figure out what it all means."

"What? Figure what out? Peter!"

Eden's yell finally grabbed his attention, his body slumping as he finally turns to look at her properly. Her chest was moving rapidly up and down, eyes frantic as she tried to search his face for answers to his behavior.

Peter lets out a breath, standing up and wrapping his arms around his girlfriend. He could tell she was feeling slightly distressed, and did she say May was worried?

"May called you." Peter stated bluntly, his brain finally putting together the pieces he wasn't focused on.

Eden pulled back slightly, one hand coming up to cup his cheek, thumb brushing his cheek softly — back and forth. "Yeobo, you have to tell me what's going on. You've been acting odd lately, more than usual."

His lips press firmly against her forehead as he lets out a heavy sigh. "I went to see Harry, couple days ago. He's dying, Ed. He- he think I'm a fraud because I don't want— i can't, help him."

"That's not your fault, Peter."

"It sure feels like it." he huffs again, pulling away from her to rub his hands down his face. "On top of that, I can't seem to figure out why the fuck my parents dumped me and dipped and the only thing my dad left for me is that stupid suitcase full of junk!"