┊xix. nineteen

The wind was harsh against her skin as she fell, her arms flailing to catch onto anything she could. Her surroundings were dark, she didn't know where she was, couldn't tell in the pitch blackness. How did she end up here in the first place?

Edens back lands roughly on a soft-ish surface, a groan leaving her lips as the pain of it shoots through her body. Sitting upright, she finds herself in a dim alley. What the fuck?

"Peter Parker, I swear to God." Eden mumbles to herself as she picks herself off the pile of trash bags she had landed on, gagging as she brushes herself off. "This is disgusting, oh my God. I'm gonna kill him."

Making her way out of the alleyway, she's met with the bright screens of times square, only confusing Eden even more. She was never anywhere near Times Square; her house, Oscorp and both Peter and Gwens houses were on the other side of town.

Eden frantically searches all around her, trying to find any sign of the swinging hero she calls her boyfriend. And she definitely finds one, though it's definitely not the one she was looking for. All over every single screen was Spider-man's face with the word 'Public Enemy #1' splashed all across them.

What was even more terrifying were the words 'Peter Parker is Spider-man'. Most terrifying of all? That picture was definitely not Peter Parker. The brown eyes staring back at her from that image were not the shade she loved.

What the actual fuck was going on?

It was safe to say Eden was now panicking. The last thing she could remember was being at the power grid with Peter and Gwen, how the hell was she in the smack-dab center of Times Square in broad daylight?

Her hands quickly fumble through the pockets of her jeans and her coat, searching for her phone but ultimately coming up empty handed. Of-fucking-course. Okay, new plan. Eden was now rushing across the square, attempting to find her way back to Peter house. He seemed to be the logical solution to all this.

But her steps were quickly halted as she began to take note of all her surroundings. These weren't the usual stores or logos she was used to. Her eyes widen as she frantically starts to search for Gwens favorite bakery, where they would both spend their girls day out at.

When she reached its spot, she finds that the bakery is long gone. In it's place was 'Peter Pan Donuts & Pastry'. Edens head was spinning, she felt sick, and she wanted to throw up. Was she dreaming? She was just here with Gwen last week; she would know if it had been shut down.

Pushing the glass door open, she walks into the small coffee shop and makes her way towards the tall girl behind the counter. "Hi, um..." Edens eyes flit to the girl's name tag. "MJ? Hi. I was wondering if I could use your phone. I'm kind of lost."

The girl looks at her uninterested with raised eyebrows. "Do you not have a cell phone on you or...?"

"Obviously not if I'm asking."

Amused by the girls brashness, MJ cracks a slight smile. "If it's a landline you're looking for, we don't really have one. You can use my phone though."

"Thank you." Eden lets out a relieved breath and sits down on one of the stools by the bar. Her fingers quickly type in Peters number, but her ears were met with a message that the number was out of service. "What the hell."

She dials Gwens number next and receives the same message. It was only when she called her own home number that the line began to ring, a woman answers the call, sounding so much like her mother.

"Eomma? Jeongmal dahaengiya!" Eden speaks, letting out a relieved chuckle. "Have you heard from Gwen or Peter? I've been trying to reach them but-"

"I'm sorry, who am I speaking to?" the woman on the other end of the line interrupts, annoyance evident in her tone at the rambling teenager. "I think you've got the wrong number."