┊vi. six

⋆  ┄┄┄✦┄┄┄ ⋆

⋆  ┄┄┄✦┄┄┄ ⋆

The first thing Eden did the next morning was scour all the halls in search for a certain tall brunette boy. He had missed their shared biology class early that morning, where she was planning to find him so her plan B was to just wait by his locker, knowing he'd have to come by soon.

It only took a couple minutes before Peter finally walked past her and towards his locker. His hands moved swiftly, grabbing what he needed and shoving the rest in before slamming the door and turning to make his way to his next class.

However, his path was obstructed by a slightly shorter raven haired girl smiling up at him. "Hello, Mr. Parker."

Peter stops abruptly in the middle of the hallway, his body filling with guilt at the sight of the girl who he had done nothing but ignore for the past few days. "H-hey, Eden."

"You feeling okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." he nods his head rapidly, strands of his hair falling into his face.

"That's not what your aunt May thinks."

His eyebrows furrow as her eyes roam anywhere but his own face. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means..." Eden lets out a sigh, running a hands across her top lip. "It means that your aunt came to see me yesterday because she's worried about you."

"Oh my God." Peter scoffs. "I'm sorry. I didn't know that she-"

"No. Don't be sorry. Because I think she's right."

"What?"

"What happened to your face, Pete?"

He stares at her for a few seconds, her heart fighting to throw itself out of his rib cage. His foot starts to tap nervously as he tries to think up of any excuse, hating the fact that he was now lying to every person he loves.

"Maybe a rash or...I don't know." Peter replies, swallowing the growing lump in his throat and looking away from her.

Eden definitely wasn't stupid and she definitely didn't believe his half assed lie. But she ran with it anyway, not wanting to aggravate him anymore.

"You should probably get it checked out." she speaks quietly, wanting to confront his stupid lie more than anything.

"Yeah, yeah I will."

They stand there for a few more seconds, Peter not knowing what more to say to her and Eden trying to build up the courage to ask him to dinner. It was only when she noticed him take a step back in a start to leave that she stopped him.

Her hand moved quicker than she could think, grabbing onto his wrist before he could move further away from her. "Have you ever had Korean food? Kimchi, bibimbap, mandoo?"