Te Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley

The sun was rising up in the sky and its light was falling on the ground. Dahyun woke up from the hotness that she felt inside the sleeping bag. She tried to open her eyes while pushing the bag away from her chest. The sunlight was blending her eyes. Dahyun turned to her side. The sleeping bag on her side was empty. Lee Hyo Ri was awake. Dahyun turned to her other side and saw Jungkook sleeping. He had his body turned to the ground and was sleeping on his stomach. His head was turned to Dahyun and resting on his arm. Dahyun inspected him. He looked different in this position. Unlike the attractive vibe he was giving as a member of BTS, he looked cute when he was sleeping. She had seen him on stage showing a strong stage presence, radiating a powerful aura, having a sharp appearance. But here he had his cheek puffed and his mouth slightly open from being pressed on his arm. It was strange to see him have this duality of being charismatic on stage and sleeping pure like a child in real life. While watching Jungkook sleep, a smile appeared on Dahyun's face without her realizing. She adored him. Right then Dahyun heard a noise behind her. 

“Are you awake already?”, it was Lee Hyo Ri. 

“Oh, ah, yes.”, Dahyun flustered as if she got caught by an action. 

“You should sleep a bit more. There’s still time until wake-up time.”, Lee Hyo Ri said. 

“No, it’s okay. When I wake up, I can’t fall back to sleep.”, Dahyun said and slid out of the sleeping bag. 

“There’s a café at the entrance. Do you want to come with me? You can also wash up there in the restroom.”, Lee Hyo Ri asked Dahyun. 

“Sure.”, Dahyun took her stuff and followed Lee Hyo Ri. 

They walked a long way until they reached the entrance. Before going into the café, the two women entered the restroom to wash up quickly. In the café they ordered coffee and bread to not stay hungry until the others woke up. 

“What did you think of last night?”, Lee Hyo Ri asked suddenly. 

“Last night? What exactly?”, Dahyun was confused. 

Lee Hyo Ri looked at Dahyun as if she was not sure if she should start the conversation or better leave it. But Dahyun’s curious eyes pushed her to speak. 

“Well, about the last conversation we had. The one with relationships.”, Lee Hyo Ri sneaked a peek at Dahyun. 

Dahyun lowered her gaze on her bread. 

“I don’t really have a thought about it. It seems like everyone has their own reason for dating or not dating.”, she said. 

“That’s true. Especially you guys as idols. Nana also used to be an idol. She must’ve struggled to have a love life in the past too.”, Lee Hyo Ri cleared her throat and adjusted her sitting, “But one thing I’m curious about is, even if it’s difficult for you to find the right one, don’t you even fall in love with someone? Or feel attracted to someone? Even if that person might not seem to be the right one at first sight?” 

Dahyun didn’t know how to answer this question, she had never thought about it. She got curious about it as well. Lee Hyo Ri saw Dahyun’s confusion and added. 

“I mean, you know I used to be an idol as well. I know that, as a singer, it's harder to date someone. But back in the day things were different and I used to date people I felt attracted to without minding if he was the right one or not. I just enjoyed it. I only don’t understand how this situation changed so drastically within a few generations.”, Lee Hyo Ri looked at Dahyun, “Do you have any idea what the reason could be?” 

Dahyun thought about it for a while but didn’t know the answer to it. She shook her head. Lee Hyo Ri breathed in deeply and leaned forward. 

“You know what? I think the reason is because idols have no confidence in living their lives the way they feel. I think the fear of doing something wrong is bigger than the wish to go with feelings. Young idols are just scared to experience love."