11-homesick

experiencing a longing for one's home during a period of absence from it

~⃝  ~⃝  ~⃝

       "Wake up!" Your father said, opening the curtains of your bedroom, making the sunlight hit your face. You groaned, taking the sheets over your head.

"Time for school young lady" he said, taking the sheets off you.

"No" you mumbled. "I don't wanna go.."

"But you have to dear" your father said. "It's your first day of school in a new country. Everyone goes to school whether they like it or not"

It's true. You and your father barely moved into this small house a few days ago. But you dreaded today, feeling uncertain of how school would be like in this new country. You sighed as you sat up on your bed.

Ugh, I don't care if it's my first day, I don't feel like going. You thought with a pout.

You soon got ready anyway and ate breakfast. Once you were done, you got into the car where your father drove you to school, dropping you off at the front as you saw the many little children getting in with their parents.

"Now, take care and behave well" your father said. "Make new friends and have fun"

"I'll try" you said, not feeling very confident about your first day.

You walk into the school, seeing the many faces of students your age walking and running around in their oversized backpacks throughout the hallway. You finally walked into class with all the other students, sitting in a big carpet where the rest of students sat, still feeling pretty uneasy of your surroundings.

"Goodmorning everyone!" The teacher announced. "I'm Mss.Viola, and I will be your teacher. I know you're all excited for your very first day of class! Now let's start by introducing ourselves" said Viola, who for some reason, was looking straight at you.

"How about you little girl?" She said, going down at your level. "Go ahead, just get up and say your name"

Suddenly a wave of nervousness hits you, as you got up to introduce yourself to the class.

"Um... h-hi.." you uttered. "M.. my name is-"

"What?!" One of the kids said. "We can't hear you!"

"Now now, be patient. All of you are new here so please be nice" the teacher assured. "Just take a deep breath in and say it, it's okay to be nervous"

You nod your head, still shaken in your stage fright.

"Um.. m-my name..." you uttered again, but you mustered up the little shard of courage that you had to say out loud.

"My n-name is (y/n)" you finally said, which you gave a nervous smile to the class.

Everyone fell silent for a moment.

"You sound funny!" The same kid said, pointing at you, as the rest of the class laughed at you.

"Hey that's not nice!" The teacher said, trying to make the students stop laughing.