𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 5 - 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

This was awkward

This was awkward.

Mara was always a 'demanding presence' in a room.

It had scared off multiple suitors, whether it is her knowledge, beauty or some other unknown reason, Mara always commanded a room.

But Mara was not the only demanding presence in this room. It seemed that everyone here was someone of great power.

Even the sex on legs, and wings that brought her here seemed to have the ability to control shadows. Mara even viewed them almost whispering into his ears.

The possibilities were endless, the winged fae seemed interesting enough to write a book on.

When crossing the wall Mara did not foresee herself in an awkward situation. Sure, she hadn't thought out her plan but it was innocent enough that nothing could go too wrong.

And she always had an out if needed. And that was good enough for her.

Perhaps jumping into the arm of the first fae she saw wasn't the best of ideas. But Mara certainly wanted to do more jumping on his body if the offer was up.

Mara was great at multitasking.

And when that too handsome winged fae offered her an opportunity to learn about the fae. Who was she to refuse such an offer, especially from the sexy shadow fae?

The fae had winnowed her to what seemed like a family dinner.

Mara's mother taught her many things, including manners. Slapping the male arm, and whispering "You didn't tell me we were going to interrupt a dinner, asshole"

The powerful fae all seemed shocked at Mara's presence. It seemed that her fae didn't surprise them with visitors often.

That brought Mara a strange sense of joy.

The shock didn't seem to last long. There was no prolonged awkward silence and then extreme yelling.

These people went straight for the yelling option, another winged fae launched at Mara. When she disapparated, his face became even more shocked.

"Cassian stop attacking our guest." A fae male who Mara assumed was the leader, as everyone instantly stopped talking.

Flaming his hands around like a lost monkey the fae known as Cassian pointed at Mara. "But did you just see that she didn't even winnow just disappeared into thin air and appeared over there?" Pointing the blade in his hand in Mara's direction.

"Why don't we ask Azriel why he brought her here instead of attacking her?" Mara was beginning to like the leader more and more. Especially after he gave sex on legs and wings a name. Azriel.

"She passed through the wall and came here to learn about the fae." Azriel calmly spoke, ignoring the clear tension in the room.

That brought a small smile to Mara's face. The leader stood up and walked to Mara. Staring at her as if that would give him access to her thoughts. "What do you need to know about fae?"

"Well I love to expand my knowledge and I recently discovered this world, you can tell by my slight accent that I am not originally from here, and I thought why not. And if you allow me to stay here and learn I can help you with anything you need."

The leader looked at her, raising one brow in question. He opened his mouth in question, but before he could ask anything Azriel interrupted "She is a witch Rhys, she might be able to help."

This had multiple heads in the room flicking from Azriel to Mara, including Rhys.

"Oh I agree she is a witch, I can't get my claws in, and neither can Feyre" Rhys's arms flicked to a beautiful fae sat at the table with a boy, "but that isn't all is it, Mara?"

"No she is what we've been looking for, she is the final price of death" spoke another fae, this one with flaming silver eyes.

Mara could smell the death on her, just as she was sure that she could smell it in Mara.

"Yes I have some connection to the dead, I do not try to hide it."

"What connection to the dead?" Asked Rhys, who seemed a lot more invested in the conversation after the faes statement about Mara's connection to the dead.

"Have you ever heard of vampires?"

"What, you mean the human killing, blood-sucking dead creatures of myths. Do you expect us to believe they are real?" Cassian's scoff echoed loudly across the room.

Mara's smirk widen, now displaying pointed fangs, "Well you are in a room with one, so I expect one of you to believe by the end of the night."

Rhys, Cassian and Azriel straighten at Mara's revelation, a mix of disbelief, fear and attraction, the latter coming from Azriel. By the looks of it, the poor male was experiencing every emotion at once.

It was nice to know when she should be feared. Mara preferred a healthy level of fear from people rather than false confidence. Magical creatures, usually faster, stronger or more powerful than humans thought they were gods. Gods that could defeat Mara.

These faes were smart, they knew that they were stronger, faster and more powerful than humans. But Mara had never been human, these faes were smart, the leader, Rhys especially. They knew when there was something faster, stronger and more powerful in a room with them. It thrilled Mara, she was after all a Vulchanova. Power came naturally to her, and the ability to wield it, even more so.

With a pointed look from Rhys, who had recovered from his shock a harsh "explain" came.

"Well while vampires do feed off humans and need blood to survive, I do not kill humans for blood nor force them to give me blood, if you were worried about that. Vampires also fall into the realm of the dead, usually being completely dead with no blood. They don't need to blink or breathe. They also, like faes have improved speed, eyesight, reaction time when compared to humans."

"You say they as if you are not one of them." A stunning blonde woman called out.

With a slight nod of the head, Mara continued. "Yes, as vampires are dead they cannot create life. Meaning they cannot get pregnant. However I am the only known exception to that rule, I was born a vampire. I still need blood on occasion but I can go without from a longer period of time to other vampires. I also have increased abilities even compared to other vampires."

The fae in the room looked around at each other, a slight communication between them. It was Azriel who spoke up first, "You said you can help us, what use can you be to us?"

"Well I can feel the death radiating of her other there, it's not as strong as it used to be so I am assuming that you gave most of your power-up."

A scoff from the female with silver eyes, Mara could see Feyre kick her under the table and with a whisper of Nesta paired with a stern look. "I lost all of my power" Nesta confidently spoke.

"No not all, death always leaves a mark, it stains you. Taints your soul. I have an unusual connection to the dead, and my powers work in mysterious ways, but I can always identify where death has left a mark. I can even tell that both Feyre and Rhys have died before."

Mara held eye contact with Nesta, both refusing to look away until Rhys cleared his throat, "It's late, and there are little ears and eyes" flicking his gaze to his son and instantly softening at the boy who looked to be having the time of his life "that doesn't need to be hearing this, why don't we talk about this in the morning. Azriel why don't we show our guest to one of the rooms."

That wasn't a no, nor a dismissal. Mara would take it.