𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 7 - 𝖇𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖇

It was dark, Mara could barely see her hand in front of her the mist made it near impossible to run at the urgency that Mara needed

It was dark, Mara could barely see her hand in front of her the mist made it near impossible to run at the urgency that Mara needed. The forest reminded her of home, made her feel at home. Dark and dangerous that was where the Vulchanova thrived, and Mara was no different.

The need for blood was almost overriding the need to escape. The temptation to just turn back, Mara could smell the death in the air, how tempting it was to return to the site and finish off the ones yet to die.

But Mara had to run she had to outrun them before they take her.

Mara knows the red eyes in the forest are there to help her, they always help her. But the footsteps are getting louder and closer. The red eyes can't help her with this.

Mara awoke with a start, she rarely had dreams, then again she rarely slept. Mara had never been one for oneiromancy or dream interpretation, but divination had always fascinated her. It disgusted her mother. It was a subject for seers, for the future not for the dead. Her mother rarely had a prejudice but she had a particularly strong one for seers.

She also hated the subject of divination, shaming it and almost got rid of the class. Mara had convinced her to keep it. The subject had particularly unknown connections to the darker side of magic, rarely discovered and extremely dangerous. Mara loved it.

Dreams in the magical realm often correlated with prophecies, but Mara didn't like to assume the future through prophecies. Assumptions blind one from seeing and discovering the truth of the future.

This dream seemed somewhat important, Mara would investigate it at a different time one when she didn't have an entire world to discover.

Walking through what she now knew about the house of wind she tried to gather her thoughts and everything she knew about the night court. The house itself was made in a large manor, a way to display wealth to other political parties when they came here for business. The architecture style was more inspired by Asian and middle eastern than the English architecture style Mara first assumed the place would be built in.

It was fascinating from what she knew each court had completely different styles and cultures and all were based on the court.

The night court was the most powerful, a great place to start. Hopefully, by the time Mara was finished with the night court, she would have made enough connections to move to another court.

By the time she reached the dining area for breakfast, she was greeted with the same people as last night, as well as a new guest. A dark handsome male, with a dangerously flirty smile, was grinning at her from the table.

Rhysand greeted her first, announcing her presence to the rest of the room. "Ah Mara, come to have breakfast with us, we have a guest High Lord Helion, from the Day Court."

"Yes, Rhysand tells me you arrived last night, a shame such a beauty did not land in my court."

Mara smirked, sitting down at the table greeted with a cup of animal blood. By the look on her face Feyre spoke up "Is lambs blood ok, I didn't know which animal you preferred."

"I prefer human blood" loving the poorly covered look of shock on Helion's face, "but animal blood or normal food is fine". Smiling, allowing her fangs to be on full display.

Mara's eyes found Azriel's across the table, his eyes were focused in her fangs with an intense look that Mara could not decipher.

Mara turned to face Helion once again, "So why are you in the night court?"

With an amused smile, Helion answered, "I raise Pegasus, flying horses you see, the last of their kind and Velaris has some of the best feed for them."

"I know what a Pegasus, we have them in my world, although they are fairly common." This comment made everyone in the room turn to me, and Helion lean closer in surprise.

"Really, how common are they."

"Well they exist most places in the magical world I assume, but the most popular place I can think of is Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, the pegasus pulls carriages there and only drink single malt whiskey."

The last comment made Helion laugh, "So it seems that every pegasus is as tricky as the next. But do you have an academy dedicated to learning magic?"

"Oh yes, they are all over the globe, hidden from muggles, which is what we call non-magical humans. Anything from castles hidden by charms to being underwater or in the sky. They are usually boarding schools that you send your child to learn magic."

"How fascinating, I must go but I extend you an invite to my court, I must hear more of your magical world, just as much as you must hear of ours I assume." With a wink and polite goodbyes, Helion left.

⭒☾ 𑁦.⭒✰⭒.𑁦⭒✧⭒☾ 𑁦.⭒✰⭒.𑁦

Azriel was sure that his fork was going to break.

He had never been this unhinged by a female before. It terrified him.

His shadows informed him the second she woke up, it wasn't as if he was going to get any sleep when his shadows constantly reminded him of who was laying down in the room next to his. Then his shadows informed him when she was coming down the stairs, and when she paused and looked at Helion, his shadows was sure to tell him then that she found Helion attractive.

He was like a stalker and now considering if the only way for Mara to join him in bed was to have Helion with them in the bed, at least Helion would be happy if his change in scent when Mara walked in was anything to go by.

Mother, he had never been this desperate before, then again he had never met anyone like Mara. She was so effortlessly herself, and that self was stunning. He was acting like his brothers and there wasn't even a mate bond involved yet, if the dead could even have mates.

Azriel needed to leave, go back to his house and reset, possibly sleep with someone, maybe his brothers had been right and it had been to long.

Then again it felt stupid to sleep with someone else when Mara would be in the room next to his. Just looking at laugh at something Mor had said made Azriel weak at the knees.

Mother he was fucked.