𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6 - 𝖓𝖔𝖎𝖘𝖊

"So what is your accent, you have undertones of Prythian in it

"So what is your accent, you have undertones of Prythian in it." Azriel asked while walking Mara to a guest room.

The guest room happened to be the closest room to his, something that his brothers would be sure to tease him about in the morning.

"Well I grew up in a country called Albania for the most part. I've travelled a lot more these last few years, including England which has a similar accent to Prythian. In fact i've noticed from the maps in the hallway that Prythian has the same geographical layout of England."

Azriel leaned in closer to Mara's body, he had been an extremely small boy then shot up and towered over majority of the Illryans, always teasing his brothers about being short.

His body craved to be near Mara, he felt like a creep invading her personal space, not that she seemed to care or notice. Something told Azriel that she definitely noticed, a warrior always recognised another.

Azriel was aware of everything, centuries of training paired with his shadows allowed nothing to slip past him.

Nothing but Mara it seemed, his shadows had betrayed him, refusing to let go of Mara's ankle and continuing to wasp around her.

Again she didn't seem to mind, if anything she seemed interested. But Azriel's shadows had rarely betrayed him, let alone for another person.

Even if that person was Azriel's wet dreams in real life. A powerful, beautiful and funny female.

Being in a room with her felt ridiculously overwhelming in the best way possible.

She brought this energy to a room that Azriel could only dream about. Even when she revealed that she was technically dead or half dead, Azriel was still confused about that part, Azriel could only focus on those fangs and how they would feel biting onto his neck.

He almost stumbled in the hallway, leaving Mara to give him a slightly concerned slightly amused look. He needed to get himself together.

He seriously hoped the dead or half dead couldn't smell because his arouse was coating the place.

Azriel gave her a small reassuring smile, one he rarely gave out to anyone other than the inner court, rarely even to them.

The house of wind was quite, so quite that Azriel could only hear his footsteps, not Mara's who was wearing boats.

"Why can't I hear your footsteps?" Azriel apple, breaking the comfortable silence.

Mara looked up at him, the urge to bring his lips onto hers was strong, stronger than it had ever been for any female ever.

Azriel shook his head to clear his thoughts. Mother, he was a acting like an inexperienced boy who had never been around a stunning lady.

"We'll I'm dead. The dead don't make noises. They don't smell. They don't breath."

"But I can smell you right now. Spring court flowers, vanilla, and the faint smell of metal."

"Blood, and that is my perfume and you smell me because I will you to smell me. And you don't hear me because I don't will it."

"I'm beginning to see your uses more and more."

"And I am beginning to understand fae more and more."

⭒☾ 𑁦.⭒✰⭒.𑁦☽⭒✧⭒☾ 𑁦.⭒✰⭒.𑁦☽⭒

By the time that Azriel had walked up to the training area his brothers were waiting with matching smirks.

"So our guest is very beautiful" Cassian spoke up, wrapping his hand.

Azriel rolled his eyes, walking past them and too the training bags. "I don't think Nesta would approve of you calling other females beautiful."

Cassians grin widen, "You know she would just yell at me until we start fucking. She does love an argument."

Azriel's face twisted into one of disgust, whether it be at Cassians scraps humour, one he usually appreciated or the image of a happy mated pair.

Love was disgusting and Azriel wanted to fall in love.

Rhysand looked distant, a look Azriel grew to recognise meant he was talking to his mate.

Azriel had began to resent that look. It was selfish of him, his brothers were happy and that made him happy. But he would always feel a slight resentment.

He would always look extra hard in the human realms. After all mates were rare, but his brothers mate were once humans.

But every trip, every mission resulted the same. Nothing. No frenzy, no ancient instinct driving him made.

Until now. He wouldn't allow himself to hope to much. But he had to be rational, Mara was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

Azriel always guarded himself, something he learnt to do at an early age. What was an Illyrian who couldn't fly, who hid in the shadows?

But he slowly let his brothers in, learned to let his guard down. In the inner court he allowed himself to give them some of him, but he had never truely let go.

Let himself fall completely unguarded. But a few minute conversation with Mara had him on edge in the best way possible. Had his body pent up with energy and an urge to please her.

His brothers must have sensed his restless energy, probably convincing themselves that Azriel had found a mate.

Azriel, as foolish as it sounded didn't want to get his hopes up. But he didn't want to waste time either.

Mara was everything he could ever want, even a few minutes in her presence made him want to get on his knees and beg for her.

Illyrian's don't beg. They fight, they become the best and they don't show weakness.

With Mara it was different, it sounded ridiculous, he had liked Mor for centuries l, literally centuries and that never came close to this.

This was a few minutes, yet ever second with her felt life altering. Azriel knew everything, his shadows told him everyone's move, he didn't need to predict anything because he already knew what was going to happen.

But not with Mara,  he knew nothing about her and it thrilled him. He didn't know what her next move would be, what she would be doing.

It should have terrified him, but it didn't, he couldn't explain it.

Rhysand and Cassian had already began to fight, trading punches. Usually this was Azriel's favourite time of the day, jus think and his brothers, where he could just be him.

Training until he could just drop dead asleep, but tonight was different, tonight there was a beautiful female in the room next to his.

A beautiful female who smiled up at him like he put the stars in the sky while sharing an inside joke.

"Oh come on Az, are you going to let Cassian steal your title of winning thr nightly fight?"