𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 17 - 𝖇𝖆𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖞

Azriel never needed to resort to spouting poetry to receive a female's attention

Azriel never needed to resort to spouting poetry to receive a female's attention. And he certainly never needed to resort to asking his brothers for advice when it pertained to females, but that was exactly what he was doing.

Drunk out of his absolute mind, lounging in the House of Wind with his equally drunk brothers.

"So what do I do? I've sent flowers, the little chocolate desserts from the bakery she loves."

Cassian's laughter barked through the room, "You are so fucked, Az. For a spymaster, you seem to seriously be lacking in the female's department."

"I certainly never needed any help in the female's department, Mr Quick off his mark," Azriel mumbled in his drunken haze.

Cassian's laughter quickly turned into a drunken hiccup and his face fell into a frown.

"No, No, No. You don't buy your way through forgiveness, you show you are sorry through actions." Rhysand spoke, the experience liquors in the glass sloshing dangerously. Something the House would not appreciate spilt on the carpet.

Azriel spread his arms out, his wings joining "Well I've been reading and researching all about half-fae. I've talked with Mara about them and how important they are."

Rhysand smirked, his grin turning wicked. "Well if that doesn't work, Feyre does always appreciate my tongue. She becomes very forgiving."

Cassian's brows quirked, his face recovered and smiling in a way that trouble always followed.

⭒☾ 𑁦.⭒✰⭒.𑁦⭒✧⭒☾ 𑁦.⭒✰⭒.𑁦

Azriel remembered when he first arrived at the camp. He was bullied and abused relentlessly for his inability to fly.

But the high lord's son and his friend had seemingly taken pity on him and invited him to dinner with his mother after training.

Azriel had been cold and craved a warm meal.

Once he walked in, trailing behind the two laughing boys, Cassian had Rhysand in a headlock and was scuffing his hair, he instantly felt the warmth in the atmosphere.

Not just the heat coming from the roaring fireplace but from Rhysands mother who was instantly at the door and berating the boys for wearing their shoes inside.

The sight made his heartache as he thought about the life he and his mother could have had. Looking back at the past was a fool's torture. Azriel knew this, yet he could stop his young heart from aching.