𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10 - 𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖌

The room is bright, so bright it's hard for Mara to make anything out

The room is bright, so bright it's hard for Mara to make anything out. Once her eyes focus on the room, is anything but. It's larger, so large it feels wrong. No large like a field or a room, it feels fake. Like being in the centre of the galaxy. All Mara can make are diamonds and gems, millions of them. Spread out over impossible lengths.

Everything feels so far yet so close. Time and things like space and gravity seem like faraway thoughts. Concepts that have no space here.

Floating through this galaxy of gems, invisible to everything and everyone.

There's no purpose, barely any thoughts. No thoughts of escaping, of food, of water, of blood.

Mara is just here.

Not anywhere else. Just here floating.

That's the second dream that Mara has had since arriving here. Each one is important and is telling her something.

Mara knows not to ignore them, but she also doesn't know what to do.

Every book she has read has no answers, but that won't stop her.

All it does is motivate her more.

⭒☾ 𑁦.⭒✰⭒.𑁦☽⭒✧⭒☾ 𑁦.⭒✰⭒.𑁦☽⭒

The music is loud and distracting. Centuries have taught Mara to ignore the pounding of music, the vibrations she can feel with her feet. Doesn't make it any less annoying, even If she can't feel the pain in her ears.

The music is nothing like the ones in the mortal world, after centuries of explorer Maras music taste is rather specific and random. But anything with a solid beat can be danced too. Even if Cassian is making a pitiful attempt to dance on time with the beat, Nesta's amused face shows nothing but enjoyment looking at her mate.

The lights flashing are another distraction, but one less annoying. The constant colour changes allows Mara to observe. Observe the strange group known as the inner circle, plus Mara.

The High Lord and Lady of the Night Court sit in the largest club in Velaris, enjoying their drinks and talking with Amren and Varian. Nesta sits with a cocktail in her hand watching her mate, Mor and Emerie are on the dance floor and by the looks on their faces about to leave somewhere private.

Elain the other Archeron sister isn't present, away at the spring court with her mate Lucian. A redhead who looked extremely confused at Mara's presence at the dinner table the other night.

The only person, other than Amren who looks like they want to slink into the shadows is Azriel.

After their almost kiss yesterday nothing changed. No nervous avoiding, no games but no flirting no attempts by Azriel.

Until tonight when Mara walked out of the door to her room and found Azriel dressed in casual but expensive-looking black clothes leaning next to her door. As his eyes went down Maras clothes, a long silk blood-red dress, the hungry in his eyes grew as he focuses on her chest and long leg split.

The scent change was enough to ensure Mara that Azriel hadn't wanted that kiss to be interrupted.

When they arrived at the club it seemed the inner circle fell into a normal pattern. Some heading to the bar, others to the dancefloor. Azriel seemed to head straight to the VIP table reserved for them and sat in the corner.

He almost reminded Mara of a pouting child, but the thought changed the second he stretched his arm over the chair in a causal attempt to get comfortable. Only the action revealed the first few buttons undone in his shirt and showed a delicious amount of his chest. The flashing change of colour highlighted the dangling dagger earring, the silver contrasting his dark hair. A glass of no doubt expensive whiskey in hand.

Only after a few attempts of luring him to the dance floor did Mara give up and into a handsome fae.

Mara would never chase a man that didn't want her, and if he was stupid enough to like her and not chase her. Then she saved herself from wasting time.

The handsome fae had his hands trailing down Mara's waist, a slow, seductive song. Turing around Mara wrapped her hands around the fae's name. The fae slowly moved Mara's hips with his hands, all to the beat of the song, and began to learn down into Mara's ears.

"Kove"

Mara smiled up at him, "Mara"

As they continued to dance Mara looked over the dance floor, Azriel's jaw was clenched. Clenched so hard that Mara was concerned for his dental health. Every muscle in his body and there was a lot after centuries of training every day remained tense. His eyes were focused on Koves hands-on Mara's waist. He aggressive sipped from his glass and rose his eyes to meet Mara's.

When the song changed pace she allowed for Kove to spin her, Mara let herself go and span into the arms of another gorgeous fae. She was considerably taller than Mara and continued to spin her, even slipping a room number for the hotel upstairs between Mara brests.

As the song ended, as well as the flirting with the stunning fae, Mara began to dance back into Kove's arms. But before she could she was swept into a flurry of dark wings, encasing her like a cocoon on the middle of the dance floor.

The warmth from Azriel's body had Mara's melting, and his string hands landed dangerously low on her waist. As he began to guide her into a slow, sexual dance one of his hands began to dip into the slit of her dress.

This had Mara's body reacting dangerously, and looking into his eyes she could see that Azriel's gaze was filled with lust, hunger and anger. Mara resisted the urge to smirk, men were always so predictable. Perhaps Mara would accept the invasion into the gorgeous fae's room just to see how Azriel would react.

As Azriel's hands began to move into Mara's inner thigh, soon he would discover a certain lack of clothing that Mara had refrained from putting on for tonight. His wings were still blocking the rest of the room out, only the music and noise of the crowd could be heard as well as the lights streaming through the lighter areas in between veins on his wings.

Dragging her hands up Azreils chest to rest behind his neck, Mara grabbed the scruff of his neck and began to lower his head. Mara leaned up and met his lips, thousands of feelings and sensations exploded in her head.

It was unlike any other Mara had ever experienced before. With Azriel's large warm body and soft lips moving against hers, Mara felt overwhelmed. The best type of overwhelmed.

As she slipped her tongue in, Azriel's moan met hers. Mara's feet began to rise up, leaning more of her weight on Azriel and letting his arm cup her ass to slightly lift her up, and Mara was not in the state to have any conscious thoughts, absorbed in everything Azriel. His scent, his eyes, his lips, his hands on her, the comforting weight of his wings.

Hours could've passed, the room had faded into nothing a long time ago.

Mara probably would've fucked him right on the dance floor, if they had not been bumped into, forcing Azriel to unwind his sensitive wings.

Catching eyes with a fae, one with silver eyes and black hair that were so common with the English pureblood wizarding family, it made Mara do a double-take.

Still wrapped in Azriel's arms, both panting, watching the male who just bumped into them run off into the dance floor, Mara caught the outline of something that was all too familiar.

A wand.

Mara wasn't the only witch or wizard here.