𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 20 - 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖒

Muggles kept turning out movie after movie about space and its zero gravity

Muggles kept turning out movie after movie about space and its zero gravity. Their obsession with space always confused Mara, not even the greatest astronauts or scientists could convince her that space was a place for humans, even if she wasn't quite human.

Despite never experiencing zero gravity Mara would say that zero gravity was the only way to describe how she was feeling right now. The air seems both heavy and light. Breathing was harder, there was no wind or breeze and no sound. Every breath seemed to weigh heavily on her body as if it was only filling half her lungs.

Yet her body never felt lighter, like she was simultaneously falling through the air and being dragged underwater.

Mara opened her eyes, expecting to see the concerned faces of her friends hovering over her body, or a healer rushing a potion down her throat.

Yet, Mara was greeted with something that resembled a night sky full of what appeared to be stars, but as her eyes adjusted to the light or lack thereof, it became clear to Mara that she was not in space nor looking at stars. Instead, thousands of crystals hung in the sky.

A stone staircase with pillars was the only solid structure Mara could see, even with her enhanced eyesight. The stone floor was unflinchingly cold, which was the only recognisable feeling, that had Mara scrambling to stand, despite pushing the ground with equal force in both hands, Mara did not feel anything in her injured hand.

The unfamiliar atmosphere forced Mara to grapple onto a pillar for support, it seemed that even the simple act of standing would prove to be difficult here. Mara gasped desperately trying to fill her lungs as she took in her surroundings, trying and failing to avoid succumbing to panic.

The floating crystal swayed to an imaginary breeze, gliding slowly across the atmosphere.

Turning towards the pillar-guarded stone steps, Mara saw a floating figure covered in the familiar lavender haze that was under Ramiel. The magic seemed to have a mind of its own, willing Mara to come closer and investigate this long-forgotten power.

The fourth death trove, the scroll, hummed with power as Mara continued to scramble to the top of the stairs. The dark atmosphere and glow from the crystals blur the approaching humane-looking figure.

The paper-like material hardened into an almost metal substance as Mara's hands crushed the paper in her struggle to reach the floating figure.

Slowly as Mara gained ground, the figure's body became clearer. The dark skin and hardened muscles of a warrior became glaringly obvious as Mara rose to stand above the floating male. A warrior from a forgotten time.

A strong jaw, aquiline nose and a striking similarity to the current high lord of the Day Court sent Mara's mind into a frenzy.

The insignia of the Day Court was one of the larger tattoos, yet it was not one of the tattoos glowing. Ancient runes, Mara couldn't even begin to process, even with her extensive knowledge began moving across who could only assume was Helion's father and the past High Lord of the Day Court. Flashing shapes of nonsense moved across his body in the same purple hue.