𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 18 - 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖓𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘

A few weeks had passed from the meeting with the High Lords and the prison incident and Mara felt as if she was nearing an answer

History always interested her and made her think and compare. Living through and experiencing such radical change had changed Mara in ways she couldn't put into words.

The mystery of the ancient fae and gods of death such as Koschei spun around her head daily, almost as much as the shadow singer.

The stories and tales of old books, some dairies describing powerful beings with incomparable powers to fairytales meant for children warning them away or encouraging them to come to greet the magical beings.

Everything seemed to be connected, which was satisfying to Mara but always made it impossible to narrow her searches down.

It annoyed her beyond reason that everything was left so unanswered. Mara was sued to living surrounded by humans who needed science and math to explain the wonders of the world around them. Muggles surrounded themselves with answers because magic was only in music and art, love and life.

But for the fae and wizards? Magic was an answer to anything and everything. A charm, position or spell could fix the worst of injuries.

The fae? Centuries of natural healing combined with magical healing powers? There was no need, no push for the fae to discover how things worked.

Magic was magic.

And it applied to a multitude of things, not just healing.

Fae had so much time, yet little was dedicated to exploring the hows of the world.

They fought wars to protect their courts while doing little to learn about what makes their courts tick.

It made researching impossible. Ancient fae this and magic that.

Nothing was explored. No, I had put thought into the how or the why. How history had shaped the court beyond wars and great victories.

So much could be learnt from the past if one simply put the effort and had the resources.

So Mara had spent her days tucked away in the library. She would only briefly mirror portal to her own library for information based on mythology and stories.

Her vast knowledge only covered so much and was severely lacking in the history of Prythian, and that frustrated Mara.

She was used to being smart, to knowing everything that she needed to know.

The story that Mara had taken the most interest in was the story of Enalius.

The Warrior God, the Father of Illyrians.

The name had sparked Mara's knowledge first while she researched the history of Prythian. The name Enalius could've possibly been derived from Enyalius. In Greek mythology, Enyalius or Enyalios is a son of Ares who is often seen as the God of soldiers and warriors from Ares cult.