𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 14 - 𝖐𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖑

The room was as still as ice, heads had turned fast and Mara was threading to burst from anger

Not necessarily because there was another wizard in the fae lands, even though that lead to more questions than answers. Mara was pissed because she hadn't known.

Mara raised an eyebrow, drawing out her response "Well are you going to answer me?"

Alphard looked as if he had seen a ghost, which would've made Mara laugh in another situation, after all, he wasn't the one that was meant to be dead.

But no here he was, alive and now fae if his pointed ears were anything to go by.

"Miss Latin, you- you- are alive?" His face showed considerable shock.

"No I am a walking corpse" Mara deadpanned. No one needed to know that that statement was actually correct, but what they didn't know won't hurt them. Besides Mara liked a little mystery.

"But- wait I thought you were killed by a vampire. The school even held a funeral."

"But I thought you are a vampire and was born one?" Cassian interrupted.

If it was even possible the blood drained further from Alpherds face. Good. He had an idea of who Mara truly was.

She did love having a reputation surrounded by mystery.

Rolling her eyes and smirking so her fangs became visible, under the weight of the curious High Lords "I am a vampire, and I was born one."

"But why would you let everyone think you were dead and killed by a vampire." Alphard continued.

"All I did was attend a small vampire gathering in a forest, and when I didn't return to teach at school it's hardly my fault that they assumed I was a victim rather than a predator, and it's Miss Vulchanova, Miss Latin was a fake name."

At the mention of Mara's last name Alphred dropped to the ground and onto his knees, kneeling before Mara. A rush of amusement and the familiar sense of overwhelming power flowed through Mara. God, she loved it when people had a healthy level of fear and respect for her.

"I'm sorry- I had no idea you were a Vulchanova."

A sweet smile overtook Mara's features, "Don't worry about it."

Berons laugh rang out through the room, "A predator, please I've seen scarier cats."

This statement had Alphard shaking his head and turning to Beron if to warn him. "Are you stupid, do you even know the rumours and powers she has, she's faster and stronger than everyone in this room combined. If you want to keep your blood in you and not boiling out of you I'd suggest you respect her."