𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 9 - 𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖘𝖙

After a few days in the fae world, Mara had concluded that she was widely attracted to wings, at least on Azriel

Mara, Feyre and Nesta were currently watching Rhysand, Cassian and Azriel train. The nicknamed 'bat boys' were all a part Illyrian, which Mara had learned were still very connected to their 'baser' instincts.

That meant that they needed to fight to get it out of their systems a lot. Mara thought it was rather brutal when it was being described to her, but after realising that it meant watching three ridiculous hot shirtless men fight, it seemed less degrading.

Not that Mara would admit it to anyone but she was very glad that no one could detect when she was aroused, the fae had a strong sense of smell. But Mara could smell things in another court, and being in a room with mates was beginning to be intolerable.

But enhanced sense certainly had bonuses. For instance, Mara could hear Azriel's heart spike every time she entered a room, accompanied by a change in his scent.

A certified confidence boost.

Mara had almost filled an entire book with her writing. Perhaps she would later type it out and have her findings officially printed.

But her initial goal was becoming tainted. Mara was no longer only focused on learning about the fae.

Like anything that captured Mara's interest, she became fascinated and obsessed.

Mara was beginning to feel at home.

But watching Azriel's cool composer as Cassian danced around him, wings out and body tense. Mara appreciated the sight.

Even after the others left, leaving only Azriel and Mara, Mara was still stuck staring at Azriel's back.

The strong muscles, inked with beautiful art, are similar to the triable tattoos from the Pacific and New Zealand.

The knowledge loving girl part of her wanted to ask Azriel's about the tattoos the cutest significance, the history behind each inked part of the skin.

Mara slowly started to stalk around the training arena, gaining Azriel's attention from the slight tick in his ear and movement from his shadows. Azriel looked up from unwrapping his hands.

Mara smirked looking down at those hands, hands that could just wrap around her throat as he-

"If you want to learn to fight, I'd be happy to teach you." Azriel's words travel throughout the area, breaking through the slight chill of the wind.

Mara smiled, it was anything but innocent, "Bold of you to assume I don't know how to fight."

This made Azriel turn to face her, eyebrow raised, a shockingly rather sassy look on his face. "I don't doubt you know how to fight." Turning his back to organise equipment once again, "But fight well. That I'm not too sure about."