𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 13 - 𝖌𝖔𝖉𝖘

Vila's as Slavic folklore described them were beautiful and had long flowing blonde hair

Vila's as Slavic folklore described them were beautiful and had long flowing blonde hair. If scorned, they would attack humans but they were also nice to humans.

To find a Vila in fae lands felt oddly right to Mara like destiny was at play, then again every step she took in Prythian felt like destiny.

These woodland spirits could be dangerous, very dangerous, and the tracks left by the Vila seem to point towards a cloud nymph.

Despite the name, they were dangerous, hunters. They possess supernatural powers and are able in the art of healing. They build splendid castles at the edges of clouds. They confuse men's spirits with their arrows.

Overall fairly harmless to other females, but to the males, they were particularly dangerous.

Mara repeated her limited knowledge to the group gathered other the turned up snow from what Mara assumed was a circle dance.

But Mara knew more, had heard more whispers, researched more. These nymphs were more than woodland creatures, Vilas was said to have a close relationship with the souls of the deceased, seen dancing by moonlight near the graves of those who have died a violent death.

An eagle called in the forest, if anything it seemed to get colder, large clouds gathering and Mor tucked in her coat closer in her body, Mara would've felt like doing the same.

But before she could she heard it. With her sensitive hearing, focusing on a drop of blood a mile away Mara searched the trees for the eagle that was fluttering snow around.

The group was still looking down at the mysterious tracks, except for Azriel who had a firm grip on Truthteller and was too looking around, his shadows frantically searching the near foliage.

It was only a flutter of wings that alerted Mara before an eagle flew onto a nearby branch, now eye level. It had the group turn and stare, a guard from the Winter Court approached before Mara could stop him.

Before everyone's eyes, the eagle transformed into a hauntingly beautiful could vila, with eyes like flashes of lighting, determination clear on her face and fair blonde hair.

"The child of death and life will taint the worlds in which she is entitled." The haunting prophecy spread throughout the group, absorbed by the snow.

Just as quickly as she appeared the cloud nymph vila disappeared, a large rush of snow flowing around her in a mini cyclone of chaos.

The words spoken began to set in. A child of death and life. I understood the child of death, the only child ever born from a vampire, the dead. The irony never escaped me, my mother cared for me, in her twisted way.

Because Vulchanova's were power, being a mother was never on my mother's schedule. And once she was made a vampire it was impossible, until Mara.

But the words were heavy on everyone. Vilas delivered messages of doom, and Mara was that message.

Were the Vilas acting by themselves or with Koschei? Mara didn't know how deep the Vilas connection was to dead run?

But these comfortable times were changing, a war that could not be won with soldiers was coming. A war that fate had determined Mara to be a part of.

Vampires and fate were friends, Mara could feel Elain shivering in her presence, could see the faint bumps and hair standing up on her arm.

Mara needed to be on top, to have the power to control everything. That was one of Mara's first lessons growing up.

"Always wield the most power in the room. Become a King in a room of lords. And become a god in a room of Kings."

Koschei was currently the god in a room of Lords, and Mara needed to be the Queen, killing the god.

⭒☾ 𑁦.⭒✰⭒.𑁦☽⭒✧⭒☾ 𑁦.⭒✰⭒.𑁦☽⭒

It was tense, a beautiful castle of intricate ice like stone decorating the large room.

Mara couldn't comment on the temperature, the ever still feel on nothing greeted her when she touched anything hot or cold.

Being dead had its perks.

The Winter court was beautiful, especially the building that they were currently in.

Everyone was tense, Kallias and Viviane were whispering orders to the Winter court advisers.

Everyone was waiting for the other High Lords to arrive. If they would arrive.

After being filled in from Azriel, Mara was beginning to fully understand the dynamics of the group.

The room was a large one, a winter castle, rainbows were reflected across the room through the windows.

Overall, Mara concluded that she would be visiting again.

When fairy's weren't making prophecy's about Mara from a death god.

Other than that the hot chocolates were delicious, even if Mara was the only one drinking anything.

Perhaps it was the centuries of wisdom, but Mara had always felt a sense of calm in the chaos. Perhaps going as far to say that she thrived in chaos.

Helion arrived first, followed by his inner court, all as stunning as the leader. And by the looks that a certain fae was giving Mara, the stunning thoughts were returned.

Thesan arrived next, only taking a few moments to observe Mara before greeting Helion, Feyre and Rhysand, who all looked like the leaders they were.

It was honestly rather shocking for Mara to not be addressed as a ruler, after being a Queen more than once, one got used to the level of respect.

When Tamlin arrived he first turned his attention to Feyre, a look Mara wouldn't put effort into figuring out crossed his face. Only then did he turn to Mara, an appropriate level of shock was seen if his face.

Replaced instantly be a scowl, it seems someone still did not favour the Night Court and their association.

Beron and the Lady of the Autumn court arrived, it was only then that Helion briefly broke from the conversation to stare at the Lady of the Autumn court.

Beron was still staring at Mara, who stared back, hoping the disgust was evident on his face.

Tarquin, quickly observed Mara before taking to Amren, seemingly informed of her presence.

What shocked Mara was the person with him.

Black hair, a slight curl to it, silver eyes and an ego that Mara could recognise anywhere. One did not forget centuries of magical family backgrounds and traits to forget.

There was a wizard in the room. One Mara had met before.

"What the fuck are you doing here Alphard Black?"