Chapter 11

"Firefly come downstairs!" Glory called. "COMING MOM" was her only response. Deathbringer was burdened with the duty of watching the youngest of their dragonets. Watching Quickstrike always reminded Deathbringer of how his mother died. Then he remembered how he told Glory the story. That's why they named their second dragonet after her. 

Flashback:

"Deathbringer"  Glory called. "Where are you?" Deathbringer was outside Glory's hut. silent tears sliding down his smooth-scaled face. He spread his wings not wanting Glory to see his tears. 

The anniversary of his mother's death. It was always sad for him. He soared down the his favorite willow tree- well Glory's favorite, and steadied himself on a thick branch near the top with a curve just big enough for two dragons to fit inside if they squeezed. I could have saved her. If i had hidden her better. It's all my fault. He thought. "Deathbringer where are you?" Glory spotted him and quickly sat down next to him.

 "I just wanted to wi-" she trailed off, noticing his tears. "What's wrong?"

 "Nothing" he mumbled. "You're hiding something." She pressured. "It's nothing okay?" she looked hurt. As if she didn't think he trusted her. "Okay.. well I'm always here if you need to talk." she spread he wings and was about to take off when he said, "Wait! Don't go." 

I should tell her. I trust her with all my heart, but what if she thinks I'm weak?. No. I'll protect her anyway, and she wouldn't think that.

 "Okay.. today is the day my mother, Quickstrike died." A sad glint in the queen's eyes shone through her rocky exterior. 

"Oh Deathbringer..." 

"She was struck by lighting on my first mission. I tried to save her but Blister found her and killed her when I was completing my mission. I made a vow that day.." he trailed off embarrassed to go on. He chuckled through his tears. "I vowed, if I ever found someone I cared about again, I wouldn't let my mission come first. And that dragon, is- you, Glory." She looked up too shocked to speak. "I'm so sorry Deathbringer. That shouldn't have happened." She cried into his chest as he wrapped his wing around her, a blanket of stars over her as she fit perfectly in the crook of his wing. 

"If that didn't happen I wouldn't have met you. You'd be dead and my life would have no purpose. I love you, Glory." That's when he realized she was hiding something behind her back.

"I love you too. Happy birthday, Deathy" she said as she took out the object behind her back. He recognized it as a globe with them at that exact moment on it. "It's enchanted to show you where I am at all times so you don't have to worry." She explained. "how did you kno-" "You're the love of my life Deathy. I think I can remember your birthday." She quickly closed the gap between them, kissing him.

Flashback over:

He smiled down at his dragonet and called. "Firefly it's your first day of school!"  

-------------------

I'm going to start giving you a word count:

504

         Thank You,

                              urlocalgreenbean