Quickstrike's Return Part 6

Deathbringer woke up in a cold room. "Glory?" he called. Nothing. "GLORY!" he screamed for her. Suddenly, a shadow came into view. A silhouette of a dragon. It wasn't Glory he could tell. The posture was different, stiffer, more like an assassin's; he had memorized Glory's stance, the shape of her wings, everything. It might have not been Glory's, but it was a silhouette he recognized. How her talonsteps were almost too quiet. "Quickstrike."

She stepped out of the light. "Deathbringer."

"Where am I? WHERE IS GLORY!?"

"I know you want to complete the missi-"

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE MISSION! I WOULD NEVER KILL GLORY NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. SHE IS MY LIFE, SHE IS MY WORLD. IF ANYONE GOES AS TO T-"

"Calm down, son. You can lose character now."

"I'M NOT FAKING!"

"Oh, so you actually respect th-that RainWing!" She stuttered. Quickstrike Never stuttered.

"RESPECT!? OF COURSE, I RESPECT HER! SHE'S MY QUEEN!..." She looked at him skeptically. "And I love her," he mumbled. Almost non-audible for her to hear, but being an assassin, of course, she heard.

"Oh. So what that little NightWing said was true?"

"Moon? Yeah."

"Look, Deathbringer, she doesn't love you. You're just a peasant Nightwing, who gets in the way and annoys her."

"Oh really? Then why did she hire me to be her bodyg-"

"She never hired you. You self-appointed yourself. She doesn't want you around, take a look, yourself." She tossed him a mirror with a black frame. The obsidian mirror.

"Glory" he whispered to the mirror, after huffing a plume of flame into it.

A green wisp of smoke made its appearance into the mirror.

"Goodbye, Deathbringer." The queen's voice said. "See you..."

"Never." he heard a new black vapor finish, interrupting Glory. It seemed too familiar. Then it hit him. That voice, it was his voice. His form, taking his very queen away from him.

-------------------

See!? Problem solved! Deathbringer is still loyal, and you have no need to murder me.

Happy I'm alive,

urlocalgreenbean