5

I pulled away, my whole body trembling with fear.
Louis was shocked as I could see on his face.

"Harry, I am your professor. I'd... like this to never happen again, alright?" my heart just broke into thousands of pieces.

I felt so embarassed. How could I ever think it was a good idea? I could be still laying on his chest but no... I had to ruin it.

I grabbed some clothes from the bed, sprinting into the bathroom as fast as my legs let me to.

That was so fucking stupid! What have I done?!

I took a shower to sort my head out before coming back. It didn't work at all.

When I returned into the room I saw Louis putting his clothes back into his suitcase.
"Professor, could we- forget about that completely?" I looked down on the floor, my cheeks heating up quickly.

"What are you talking about?"
"The- you know." I almost stuttered from how uncomfortable I was with this conversation.
"The kiss." I swallowed.
"I have no idea what kiss you are talking about. Please excuse me now, I am going to take a shower before we will leave for the event." he sneaked around me into the hallway.

When he left the room I let all my emotions out. I felt so embarrassed and also sad. He didn't feel the same, didn't return my feelings.

Why did I have to fuck it up? This is worse than not knowing anything about his feelings towards me. This hurts.

I began to whine, hugging myself, trying to take up as little space as I could.

•••
The ride to the areal of the event was completely silent. It was because of me, because of how I fucked up. I was sure about that.
It would be all good if I haven't kissed him.

The day was going by slowly, the atmosphere between us still uneasy. Today the event was pretty boring and all I wanted to do the whole day was go back to the hotel and hide away from Louis.

When we were done I was ready to call it a day but Louis had different opinion.

"Dinner?" I wasn't hungry, food was the last thing I was thinking of.
"I am not hungry." his brows furrowed at my answer.
"I saw you barely ate something today. I know a really nice restaurant, you will like it." I didn't have the courage to argue with him so I just nodded in response, letting him take me somewhere for a dinner.

•••
The restaurant was full of people as I could see from the outside.
It was really nicely decorated, looking very cozy.

"Come on, let's go inside." he touched my arm which brought me back into reality.

The touch felt so nice although it shouldn't. I need to forget him and move on which is hard when he looks like this.

I examined him as we sat down at one of the tables.

His big blue irises, those wrinkles he had around his eyes, his hair falling into his face and his fingers brushing it away. His fingers were just waiting for me to touch them, to entwine mine with his.

His chest that I could touch and feel his heartbeat.

He brushed away his hair while opening the menu we both had on the table.

It was all in French which meant I didn't understand it much.

"Coquilles Saint-Jacques if you want a suggestion on what to pick." I took my eyes away from the black letters on white paper, meeting his eyes which were staring back at me.

"Thank you." I didn't know what the meal contained but I decided to risk it.

Louis got himself the same thing and a glass of wine. I could get a glass myself but I felt like it was inappropriate since I was here with my professor.

The food was... interesting, it was quite good.
We finished when Louis had two glasses of red wine in himself.

His cheeks were tinted pink and smile was playing on his lips. He wasn't drunk or anything, he was just in better mood now.

It was a good thing actually, the tension between us wasn't that uneasy anymore.

We left the restaurant side by side, his hands reaching into his jacket to bring out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

I hadn't seen him smoke before which was the reason for me to furrow my brows.

"I smoke, from time to time." he lightened up one cigarette, taking his first drag.

I didn't like to see him smoke, it was bad for his lungs and health in general. He should know that as someone who studied biology.

"It's bad for you." I whispered.

"I know." he took another drag as he stopped walking.

"Lot of things are bad and I still do them." he was staring into my eyes with serious expression on his face. He made me swallow the lump in my throat nervously.

What did he even mean by those words?
'Lot of things are bad and I still do them.'
Care to explain?

"What do you mean?"

"Thoughts I shouldn't think" he blew out the smoke, looking at his disappearing cigarette in his hand.

"Pictures I shouldn't imagine."

I was lost in his words. I didn't understand a thing he told me but I didn't want to look dumb in front of him so I just let it be.

He finished his cigarette, throwing it away and walking down the street. I followed him with lot of questions occupying my mind.

"You know what?" he smirked at me.

"What?"

"Do you like amusement parks?"

"I haven't been to amusement park before."

"Are you being serious?"

"I am, yeah." I shrugged.

"Then we need to go to Jardin d'Acclimatation."

Louis called us an uber, the driver taking us to the amusement park Louis talked about previously.

"Nous sommes ici messieurs." (We are here gentlemen.)

"Merci, gardez le changement." (Thank you, keep the change.) Louis answered to the driver, giving him some money.

"Merci." the driver replied before we both jumped out on the street.

I was staring at the colourful lights of the amusement park in front of us, what caught my attention the most was a big carousel in the middle.

_____________________________________
A/N
Happy New Year to everyone!

I wish you just the best, lot of love, luck and health.

Sending you all warm hugs, lovely people!
\(^•^)/

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜