62

Louis woke up around two hours later. His infusion was already finished, so he sat up on the bed, looking around for his shoes. When he found them, he put them on and made his way out of the room.

He walked slowly since he still felt a bit weak, but definitely better than when he arrived.

He made his way to the room of nurses, asking if he could leave now. They told him to wait, because the doctor, who was taking care of him, should see him before leaving.

And so Louis waited for the doctor, whom once again told him to take care and find a therapist.
Louis signed some papers and he was free to go.

He made his way to the oncology ward, deciding to see Harry. His brain was still hazy, so he didn't think it through. If he did his steps would definitely not lead there.

It was half past eleven, which meant he was supposed to be at school.

He entered the ward, pressing the right button in the elevator. Once he arrived he made his way over to Harry's room.

When he saw it was empty his breath hitched.
He began to search for someone, his heart beating harshly.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw his boy together with the other patients. They were playing boarding games in the playroom.

Louis took few deep breaths to calm down before he entered through the door.

He made his way over to his omega, placing his hands on his shoulders.

Harry gasped, turning around, expecting to see Larissa standing there.

"Louis?" he furrowed his brows at him.

"Hey." Louis gave him a smile but Harry didn't smile back.

"Excuse me. We can play later." he got up from his chair carefully, grabbing Louis' hand into his. He led them out, into the hallway.

Harry checked the clock that was hanging from the ceiling, seeing it wasn't even twelve.

Afterwards he took his eyes back to Louis, noticing those two prominent eye bags underneath his eyes.

"What's going on?" Harry asked worriedly.

"Nothing."

"Okay, why aren't you at work then?" Louis turned around to take a look at where Harry was previously looking.

Clock.

"Oh." he realized it wasn't even twelve.

"I-" Louis looked into Harry's greens, knowing he couldn't lie to him about it.

"It's okay." Louis said at first.

"Louis." Harry urged.

"I was at- the hospital." the alpha whispered.

"What? Why?" the green eyed boy kept staring up into his face with worry, seeing how tired Louis looked today.

"I- I had a little-" Louis cut himself off with a chuckle.
"Little weak moment." Harry's brows furrowed at that.

"Let's go to my room." Louis nodded, following his boy into the door of his hospital room.

Louis' head began to spin, which was nothing pleasing for the alpha.

He walked over to the table, placing his hands on the chair for support.

"Louis?" Harry called out for him worriedly.

"Yeah?" he turned around.

"What did you mean by that weak moment?" Harry said when he was already seated on his bed.

"I-it was really nothing." the younger one could see that Louis tried avoiding the answer as much as he could.

"I- fainted in class." Louis whispered, maybe hoping that Harry wouldn't get the chance to hear him, but unfortunately he did.

"Louis." Harry whined.
"Did they help you? Why did you faint?"

"Just- I was just tired, that's all." Louis devoted him a quick smile, closing his eyes and bringing his hand up to rub on his forehead.

He was ready for a wave of questions to come from Harry's side now, but surprisingly, it was silent.

When Louis opened his eyes, he noticed that Harry was just trying to lie down carefully.
He was pale as a wall.

"Harry?" Louis questioned the boy's actions.

"I-" he mumbled, closing his eyes shut.

Louis made his way over to his omega with stressed expression plastered on his face.

He looked so small, so weak...
"Are you alright?" Louis whispered towards the boy.

"Yeah." he swallowed harshly.

But few seconds later his body proved otherwise, he began to gag.

Louis handed him the paper bowl quickly, watching it all. Nothing came out in the end, so he put the bowl back on it's place once Harry seemed to be feeling better.

"I am sorry." he opened his eyes, looking up at the blue eyed alpha.

"Promise me something, please." the boy rasped.

"What love?"

"Please, please take care of yourself." Harry's eyes began to water.
"I- don't want you t-to- I don't want you to get ill. You don't have to visit me or anything.
I just want you to have more time for yourself."
the boy was sad. He was aware Louis was sick because he was giving him too much attention.

"It wasn't because of you baby." Louis had to sit down on the edge of Harry's bed since he began to feel a bit weak again.

"I want to be here with you because-" he cut himself off.

"Because?" Harry questioned.

"I wanna make sure I will be here for you when you need me the most." he said in the end.

"Louis?" the boy licked his dry lips.

"Do you think I will die?" Harry was tired of fearing that word.

"What is this question?" Louis kept staring at him with blank expression.
Harry didn't say anything else, waiting for his alpha's answer.

"Love." Louis came closer towards him, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Does it hurt?" the boy whispered his next question.

"Harry-" Louis pulled away, grabbing the boy by his shoulders.

"You won't-" the older one swallowed harshly.
"I promise you, you won't-" he couldn't finish those sentences and that was frustrating for him.

He could feel the hot tears prickling his eyes.

"You can't promise me that, I understand." Harry said in response.

That made the tears spill from Louis' eyes.
He brought the boy back in for another, even tighter, hug.

"I won't let you leave this world this early, I won't." he sobbed as he mumbled those words.

——————————————————————————
A/N
Hello everyone!
I hope you had a successful Monday.

Little shorter chapter this time. I still hope you enjoyed it.

Don't forget to look after yourselves! Rest, eat and drink properly.

I love you all to the moon and back!<33

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜