64

"Same mistake?" Harry questioned.

"There is- something I haven't told you. Ehm..." Louis tried so hard not to sob.

"I have been here, in this situation before." he glanced at him momentarily.

"Oh." was all Harry got out of himself at first.
"Did you love them?" he asked a bit later.

Louis just chuckled, letting the tears stain his cheeks.

"The reason why I didn't want to visit my family is that- that person was my mother. She was diagnosed with leukemia when I was studying at university. Once I came home to see her and- and she was gone. She was gone." Louis sobbed while staring at his fingers.

Harry attempted to sit up on his bed, making Louis stand up.

The boy reached out with his shaky hands, wrapping his arms around the older one.

"I am so sorry, I didn't know that." Harry pulled him down on the bed, his hand slipping through Louis' hair.

"I wasn't here for her. She died alone. Who would ever like a son like me?" he cried.

"Louis, how could you know this would happen?" Harry whispered.

"I chose university over her. I could stay but I didn't."

"She was alone on it. She gave me life and everything that I needed. And look what I gave her in return." Louis sobbed loudly.

"And- someone else wasn't there with her?" Harry asked.

"It was just me and her, it always was me and her." he buried his face in the hollow of Harry's neck.

"Just us against the world." he whispered.

"I am sure she knows you couldn't do anything about it, you couldn't know. She loves you still, she does." Harry tried to calm him down.

"No."

"Yes, she does." Harry let the tears spill from his eyes as well.

"I want to hug her and tell her I love her one last time." Louis squeezed Harry even tighter.

"I want to apologize." he began to cry even louder.

"I am sure she hears you. She is looking after you, I know she is. She is proud of you Louis. She is proud of who you became. You have a great and well paid job. You are humble and kind. I am sure she is happy what an alpha she raised."

"She always thought I would be an omega." a hint of smile could be heard in his voice.
"Turned out she was wrong." he swallowed the growing lump in his throat.

"I don't want to repeat my mistakes." Louis removed his head from the hollow of Harry's neck, pressing his forehead against the younger one's.

His hand found it's way to Harry's hand, entwining their fingers.

The alpha stared straight into Harry's eyes, meeting the brightest shade of green he had ever seen.

"I love you." he whispered, leaning in to kiss the boy.

"I will make sure I won't repeat my mistakes." he pulled away while still staring at Harry's face.

His eyes lingered over his bandana and the tube once again.

Harry tried to give him a smile in return.

"Louis, I would never be mad at you. After all, you are taking care of me, you are the one who is paying for everything. You are earning money for all three of us. How could I be mad at you for being at work? Providing safety for us?" he said.