41

"Mr. Tomlinson, I will have to ask you to go home. It's past the visiting hours." the nurse said when she entered Harry's room.

"I know it is, but couldn't I stay with him? I will sleep in the chair, you won't even notice I am here." the despair was evident in his voice.

"Mr. Tomlinson, we are taking Mr. Styles to the oncology ward and I really have to ask you to go home. You need to rest. You can come to see him right in the morning, yes?" she gave him a small smile.

"Louis." Harry reached out to take his hand.

"I will be okay, yeah? Go home and rest, you must be tired. You were here for me the whole day, go home please." Louis' eyes began to water.

"I dont want to go without you." he whispered, his voice trembling.

"I will see you tomorrow morning, right? It's like when I was still living with- with my mum. Pretend i am with her instead, yeah?" he always tried to make Louis feel better.

"Okay." Louis leaned down to give the boy a long sweet kiss on his lips.

"You have your phone with you. Just in case that anything happens."

"Thank you. See you tomorrow?" Harry questioned.

"Of course. I will be here right when the visiting hours start."

"Okay." the green eyed boy smiled.
"Sleep well."

"You too." and with that Louis walked out of the room.

He made his way towards the entrance door of the hospital with slow steps.

When Louis was finally driving away in his car he felt alone as never before. He got used to his boy very quickly. He saw him at school and everyday at home. They were together practically all the time.

As he kept driving along the dark road he switched on the radio, letting the lazy tones of quitar fill his car and ears.

When he arrived 'home' he locked his car and just stood there in the parking lot for a moment.

He brought the half-empty package of cigarettes out of his pocket, searching for a lighter as well.
In the end he found it, bringing it up to his lips so he could lit up the cigarette he had previously put between his lips.

As soon as he could feel the smoke and could take his first drag he relaxed a little.

So Louis stood there, underneath the sky, like this. He was smoking the cigarette, that according to some scientists, was stealing his time away from him.

•••
Louis has been lying in bed for hours now, unable to fall asleep. He sat up eventually, turning his bedside lamp on. The bed was empty. The whole place was empty.

And then Louis got the worst possible idea. He reached out for his phone and searched for things about leukemia. Although he knew practically all the information he felt like digging even deeper. It wasn't really the best thing to do...

It could be something around four in the morning when a message popped up in the upper half of his screen.

Harry: We miss you.

The fact that he used the word we made Louis even softer than he was before.

Louis: How come you are up at this ungodly hour?

Harry: And why are you up? I told you to rest.

Louis: Shouldn't I be the one telling you this?

Louis: I miss you too, but please try to get some sleep now, yeah? For me.

Harry: I will try. Good night.<3