57

Harry woke up to a hospital room after three weeks of waking up at home.

He was up weirdly early, so he got out of his be, and changed into his sweatpants and tshirt from yesterday. After that, he opened the door from his room in order to peek into the hallway.

He couldn't see anyone around. At first he wanted to go for a little walk, but in the end he decided against it.

He sat down on his bed, deciding to text Louis.
He grabbed his phone, finding Louis' number rather quickly.

Harry: Have a great day.

He was thinking about adding a heart to the end of the message, but in the end he didn't. He didn't want to seem needy and desperate.

Harry laid his phone down on the bed, waiting for Louis to answer.

•••
It was already 2pm. Harry managed to keep himself occupied so far, but not thanks to Louis. He hasn't texted him back once.

"Hello." he looked to the door, seeing doctor Graves and a nurse following tightly behind.

"Hello." Harry answered sheepishly, noticing the big infusion that the nurse brought in with her as well as some other things.

"Infusion?" the boy asked, taking his eyes to the nurse, who was just putting it on it's place.

"Chemotherapy Harry. This is your first." doctor Graves announced. The nurse took a cannula next, so she could connect the infusion to one of Harry's veins.

"You can feel sick afterwards, that's absolutely normal. We will leave you a paper bowl that you can use if you need it." Harry swallowed nervously, nodding his head.

"Alright. Now just rest." the doctor smiled at him when it was done.

Harry laid his head back against his pillow, fixing his eyes on the ceiling, wishing it would come to an end soon.

•••
It was around half past four. The boy was laying on his side because he really needed to change the position from time to time. He has been lying down ever since they brought him the medication.

There was a knock on his door followed by a simple 'hi'.

Harry knew whose voice it was. It was Louis.

"Hey." he sat up as he greeted him. As soon as he did he could feel a wave of sickness wash over him.
He quickly reached for the bowl, keeping it underneath his chin.

He felt like he was going to be sick for a moment.

When he thought it was getting better and he actually wanted to put the bowl back on it's place, his stomach proved him otherwise. Harry gagged and threw up inside of it.

When he felt a little bit better he proceeded to put the bowl away, but didn't know where.

He noticed Louis was no longer there with him.
But he soon came in through the door with one of the nurses, whom took the bowl away from him and placed a new one next to his bed.

Harry was kneading the duvet that was covering him up to his stomach, his eyes fixed somewhere on the ground. His skin was still pale after the previous event.

"Sorry for not responding, I saw your messsge when I got into the car to get here."

"No problem." Harry said indifferently.

Louis slowly sat down on the edge of Harry's bed, rubbing up and down his thighs out of nervousness.

"Ehm." he cleared his throat.
"I should tell you that- I- I won't be able to come see you till Friday." he said with disappointment in his voice.

"What?" Harry finally looked up at him with hurt look plastered on his face.

"I am sorry. There is a lot of work right now, it's almost the end of the year. I just won't make it, I will have to work a lot for all that shit." Harry's face saddened even more.

"I guess I will play games with the kids then." he moved a little further from Louis.

"I really can't do anything about it. I will see you on Friday, Saturday and Sunday." he tried to cheer him up somehow.

"Sure." he laid back down, feeling sick once again.

"I will let you rest. I am sure you are having a rough day." Harry couldn't keep his mouth shut anymore.

"You know nothing about it." he snapped at him. Why did he do that? Well... that's a good question.

"So stop saying that. You have no idea how I feel." he carried on.

"You will never understand me." he furrowed his brows at Louis, who was currently just trying to not overreact. He knew Harry was irritated, and he also knew very well that he would regret going against Harry.

"Yeah, right." he shrugged, certainly confusing Harry with his answer.

"I- am right back." with those words Louis got up, checking his pockets on his way out of the room.

He had to check his cigarettes were there.
He really needed them right now.

Louis was aware that Harry didn't mean it, so he desperately tried to remain calm.

He made his way out of the building, taking out one cig.

He put it between his lips and lit it up.

"Yeah." he blew the smoke out, liking the way it made him feel.

He played with the fingers of his other hand nervously in the meantime.

At some point he looked up to the sky.
"I will tell him one day, just- just give me time." he hoped his mother received his message.

The cigarette disappeared quickly, so Louis put it away once it was done, making his way back to Harry's room.

When he arrived he could see him laying down with his plushie against his chest and stained tears on his cheeks.

"Didn't mean it." he looked at Louis while whispering.
"I know." Louis' corners raised up momentarily.

"Could you come lay down with me?" he asked.

"Harry, you know I shouldn't, I really shouldn't." he didn't want to risk anything.

"Just this once." since Louis knew he was going to leave him alone the whole week, he eventually agreed, laying down behind Harry.

"Could you rub my back?" he asked quietly.
"What?" Louis questioned, not hearing him fully.

"Rub my back, please?"

He put his hand on Harry's back straight away, rubbing up and down, going from the middle to the sides and vice versa.

The younger one loved this. He pressed himself closer to Louis. And although that Louis didn't like to see that at all, he let him, because he knew Harry needed to feel his presence.

"I know it's not your fault Louis. I know I have no right to be mad at you for something that doesn't even make sense. I just couldn't help myself."

"Yeah, I realized. It's alright, okay?" he kept rubbing on Harry's back, making the younger one purr from time to time.

"I felt really bad when you left, because I hurt you. I don't wanna hurt you."

"I have heard so many things in my life. You really don't have to worry about it. I will always know when you didn't mean it love. You are under constant pressure right now, it's impossible to feel well in your head, when this is happening around you." Louis said back, hoping his words were making sense. He got a bit lost in his thoughts when he was putting them into sentences.

"This is why I know I don't deserve you." Harry's body shook due to a loud sob.

——————————————————————————
A/N
Hello angels!
I am very tired today. I hope you are not and if you are, hopefully you can get a good amount of sleep.

You are beautiful, in and out. Just a reminder for you.

I love you, take care!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜