2 | christmas brunch

And so doomsday is here

And so doomsday is here. I'm not exaggerating. Christmas eve and I walk through the doors of the Morgan family's mansion empty handed, without a handsome boy on my arm.

My dress was made of a red satin fabric, a bodycon that hugs my curves and of course made by my mother. It took her a good amount of convincing for me to wear it. In my opinion it's too short and too tight, I don't like tight dresses but here I am.

Mother left me to find my friends while she greeted all the adults holding a glass of champagne. I walk towards the usual living room where we spend most of the time during brunch. My eyes catch sight of him. The one with a black velvet suit and the matching tie I picked out, he's standing around a few of his teammates with a glass of champagne in his hand. His friends were laughing together and he was too until his stare focused on me.

I stand there by the open door, my hands clinging to my small handbag and my leg crossed over the other, and I stare back. His lips are slightly parted and I fight with all my muscles and nerves, begging my mind to walk towards him but I'm frozen. I'm afraid of speaking, afraid to walk. I feel small and uncertain under his gaze, clinging my arms around my body in an attempt to make it better, but I can't.

"Di you're here!" Ophelia's voice distracts me and makes me jolt my head towards her. She's wearing a big smile when her arms wrap around my shoulders. "merry christmas"

"Merry christmas, Elia '' I kiss her cheek and take a quick second to look at her outfit. Ophelia has a ballerina body, a perfect one. She's wearing a long black bodycon dress with a leg split, showcasing her long skinny legs. The dress had long sleeves and a square neck where she had placed a diamond necklace, shining on her chest. "You look stunning" I spoke truthfully and she beams with happiness and takes my arm in hers.

"not as stunning as you, your mothers dresses are literally everything" she exclaimed. We gathered around our friends and I greeted all the girls, everyone was from the cheer team and basically all the boys were from the football team, it's how we all know each other. Ophelia is the only one who's not from columbia since she's doing ballet at NYU.

Suddenly two arms fly around me from behind and Xavier is greeting me with a hug, planting a kiss on my cheek. I laugh at his action and ruffle his thick curls with my hand which makes him pout at me.

"hey I actually fixed my hair today" he does a small puppy face and I blow him a little kiss before he wraps his arms around Ophelia. I watch them closely, smiling at how tightly they're bringing each other. He kisses her cheek, moving their bodies side to side while he's hugging her. Ophelia's cheeks are flushed as she leans her head back on his shoulder, wrapping her arms around his. Part of me still wishes they were still together, I miss them together.

I look over my shoulder to see Miles stand at the same spot as before, his eyes still on me. My legs finally cave in and bring me to him and to my surprise he struts towards me, meeting me halfway. His lips touch my cheek and mine touch his.