21 | busted

Once again I wake up alone in my bed. We fell asleep just like the other night, his arms around me. Although this time my house is not quiet. I can hear noises from downstairs. After putting on my slippers and my silk robe I head down the stairs, towards the noise in the kitchen.

When I open the door to the kitchen I halt. I'm met with a chiseled back by the stove. I remain silent and by the door just watching Miles cook.

"It's not nice to stare, darling" he suddenly says and I clear my throat awkwardly while walking towards the kitchen island.

"I wasn't staring" I lie and he turns slowly, leaning against the counter while crossing his arms against his chest.

"Right, sure" he licks his lips "Just like you are not staring at my arms and abs right now?" he smirks. Now where has this Miles been? He turned from depressed Miles to cocky Miles in one night.

"Exactly" I say, trying to hide my grin. "What are you making?"

"Pancakes" he puts a plate full of pancakes in front of me "your favorite"

"With cinnamon and honey?" I look up at him and ask.

"With cinnamon and honey" he answers my question.

"I'm not that hungry to eat six of them but I'll have one" I say, grabbing the fork. I wish I could have them all, I haven't eaten these pancakes in forever and I'm starving but I have a cheerleading costume to fit into.

"You used to eat maybe seven or nine of these when you were ten... I'm sure you can manage, besides I know you get hungry in the mornings" he stares at me intensely, nearly challenging me to eat the whole plate. I gulp.

"Yeah I ate one too many as a child, if I didn't, maybe I would've been a victoria secret angel by now" I joke but continue to stare down at the food. Seconds later my bar stool is spinned around and I'm faced with a towering Miles gripping my chin between his fingers.

"Hey, look at me" he says and I bring myself to look into his eyes "Your body, just you in general, out of this world. I have no idea how you manage to be this sexy, gorgeous, stunning and cute all at the same time" his words take my breath and I'm unable to speak.

"And I really wanna fucking kiss you right now, Diana. But that wouldn't be right so I'm gonna sit here, let you eat your favorite pancakes, as many as you would like to eat, hell I'll even make more if you want and we are going to talk more about Natalia's birthday." he says and I sit there silent.

That was how we spent the rest of the mornings. We spoke about Natalia's birthday and her gift, writing down some details. I managed to eat four pancakes and Miles ate the two that got left behind from my plate along with his own plate.

I stand by the front door watching him get ready to leave for the gym with Xavier. He picks up his bag and heads my way. His free hand place on my waist as he kisses my forehead.

"I'm proud of you," he says.

I smile.

He smiles.

"I know," I reply.

"Good" he chuckles and brings me in for a hug, resting his chin on my head. "I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Yeah, and remember my parents are coming home tomorrow and we have that weird spring gala next weekend" I tell him.

"I know, I know, I already have an outfit" he winks before heading out the door. "Bye darling"

"Goodbye" I wave him off.

-
When my parents came home from their fashion mission in Italy we walked down from the garden to the shore and strolled along our beach. My mother talked about all the amazing things that happened as if she and dad didn't take pictures of everything and sent me hourly updates everyday.