11 | friday night with the Carter's

Miles is driving while I'm in the passenger seat and Dina sits in the back in her chair

Miles is driving while I'm in the passenger seat and Dina sits in the back in her chair. As soon as we got inside the car, Dina let the whole situation go and started talking about anything that came to her mind.

Miles replied when needed, I answered whenever she'd asked otherwise I stayed quiet while looking out the window. I know there's things Miles wants to talk about that I don't. I'm trying to ignore it and I'll act as if nothing is wrong between us when literally everything is.

We arrive at the Carters mansion and I text my parents that I'll be home late. My mom sends a red heart while my dad sends a winking emoji. I roll my eyes at the text. Miles holds the door open for me and his sister.

When we make our way inside, Miles' father and Emilia greet us. However, Grant didn't look so pleased, I'm guessing he heard about what happened at the game.

"You can't start fights like that son, it'll ruin my- your reputation" I wince at his bad save from being extremely selfish. Miles walks in front of me, putting his arm out as if he's shielding me from the conversation.

"Dad, please" Miles pleaded, clearly not wanting his dad to start anything with me around.

"Grant, honey" Emilia steps up and puts her hand on Mr Carter's arm "he was just protecting Dina and Diana, let it go"

"Fine" he crosses his arm and points a finger at Miles "I'm dropping it for now but we're talking about it sooner or later" Grant walks away toward his office. Emilia gives me an awkward smile.

"I'll get Dina changed, fix some snacks for you and then you can watch a movie" she takes her daughters hand and they leave us alone. I look up to my best friend.

His jaw is clenched and his hand balled into a fist. I know he's embarrassed by the encounter with his dad in front of me, but I didn't care. I've been around long enough to know about the tension and pressure between Miles and his father.

"Hey, it's okay, let's go to your room" I place my hand on his fist, spreading his fingers to lace mine with his. I pull him with me and we head to his old room.

I sit down on his bed while he picks out a few clothes from his closet before handing them to me. "Here's some sweatpants and a hoodie you can change into if you want. I need a quick shower from after the game"

"Oh, thank you" I take the clothes and he closes his bathroom door and when I can hear the running water I start undressing. My cheer outfit goes in my gym bag and I put on the sweats.

The sweatpants hang loosely around my hips, really big on me. The hoodie as well, but it's comfortable and smells just like Miles.

I take out my hair from the ponytail and run my fingers through the curls before setting my ass on Miles' bed, laying down.

Emilia comes back with Dina dressed in her pajamas and a bowl of popcorn. Dina jumps up on the bed and lays on her back while waiting for Miles.

"Thank you" Emilia tells me out of the blue, "for making sure they're okay" she sits down next to me and smiles.