7 | let the game begin

The camera is flashing in my face as I strike yet another pose in one of my parents new pieces

Even if I'm not a Covergirl or will be shown in their magazines, my parents always have a photoshoot with me wearing our brand. Mostly because they want to brag and say "oh look at my daughter wearing it" it's weird but I love them.

The only downfall with having these shoots is that it is right in front of my parents' best models. The ones who were born to walk the runway.

Those girls always watch me from a corner while getting an outfit done, hair or makeup. They talk to each other, take a look at me and then laugh to themself. I don't really know what they're saying but it makes me uneasy.

I hear the door open and in front of me stands Xavier smiling when he sees me in front of the camera. He stands by the door, watching me as I do a couple more pictures before they call for five.

Rushing towards my best friend, I hug him tight and he chuckles while giving me a small kiss on the head.

"Hey, everything okay?" He looks down at me and I smile.

"Yeah, I'm just happy to see a friendly face" I nod towards the girls getting ready for their shoot and he nods his head, understanding the situation.

"Well, you look beautiful"

"Thank you" I give him a cheeky smile and hug his side. "Was there something on your mind?"

"Not really, I was just on my way to the hospital to visit the kids department and wanted to ask you if you had time to come with"

Xavier's parents own a hospital where they give one of the best treatments in the world. He always says he wants to become a doctor just like his parents, however, he wants to work with child cancer the most since he lost a really good friend of his last year to it. Little Mike, 7 years old, who battled cancer for a good four years before he couldn't fight anymore.

"Oh I would love to, but I have a dinner schedule with a few girls from school at Marie's café." I frown because I love those children.

"That's alright, we'll go another time together. Have a great time, Di" he hugs me goodbye.

"You too and say a special hi to Will and Natalia from me" I squeeze him back while mentioning two children at the hospital I've grown extremely attached to during the last couple of years. Xavier nods and heads out the door.

A couple of hours later I'm back home, getting ready to meet up with the girls. I prepare myself for having to talk about Miles because I know they know. Rumors were spread after we were seen at his apartment building and some workers who had seen the set up at the rooftop were a bunch of snitches.