8 | Milana or Diles

I pick up my phone when Miles's name flashes on the screen

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I pick up my phone when Miles's name flashes on the screen.

Last semester of senior year starts tomorrow and I'm supposed to be fake dating my best friend...

"Hi" I say, after putting my phone on speaker.

"Hey, I just wanted to check in. You're still on board?" He asks while I move my fingers over my face, blending out the moisturizer.

"Yeah but we need a contract"

"A contract?" I can tell my the sound of his voice that he's confused:

"Yes, we need a set of rules on how we're going to do this" I say into the mirror in my bathroom.

"We'll just act like a real couple, Di" he brushes off but I scoff.

"But we're not a real couple, we should have rules Miles" I press and finally he lets out a long sigh.

"Fine, meet me at the field after practice and we'll make the set of rules"

"Great" I smile to myself in success and pick up my phone to walk into my bedroom.

"Great, I'll pick you up tomorrow, goodnight fake girlfriend" he snickers and I sigh.

"Goodnight fake boyfriend" I shake my head while hanging up. Putting my phone in its charger before crawling down in bed. I'm definitely not ready for school tomorrow. Something tells me that this semester will be hell and stressful.

I've been looking at the ceiling for what feels like hours. My thoughts are running through my mind, thinking about all the errors and mistakes that could happen this year.

"Fuck" I mumble to myself, sitting up in my bed. I hate not being able to sleep. Sometimes, when I can't sleep, I would call Miles because he's the only one who's probably not sleeping and could calm me down. Right now, something is pulling me away from the idea of calling him.

I grab the glass of water next to my bed along with the bottle of my benzo pills. Popping one pill into my mouth, I swallow it with a sip of water. Nearly three years ago when I turned twenty I got benzodiazepines pills prescription from a doctor to treat my anxiety and sleeping problems.

They've been quite helpful at times and it's easier to fall asleep with one of them in my system.

I don't even remember falling asleep until I wake up... shockingly.

Like usual, on the first day after a break, I wake up one hour earlier to get ready, to feel fresh and to have that glow up feeling.

Miles parks his car outside of my house at 7:30 am and I run out the door feeling pretty good about myself. Sitting down in the passenger seat, he starts driving to our beautiful campus.

After he finds a parking spot I'm able to stop him before he walks out.

"You're not allowed to kiss me until we've decided about the rules" I tell him and he leans back in his seat, turning his head to me.