15 | dance until our feet hurt

I'm in my room, laying on my bed with tons of paper, textbooks and my laptop. It's Friday night and I'm studying my ass off for my upcoming international studies debate on human rights.

Then suddenly my mother comes through the door, her arms on her hips when she sees all the paper and books. "Darling, what are you doing?"

"Uhm, studying" I tell her, deeply focused on a paper I've been rereading for what feels like 100 times.

"On a Friday night?" I can sense her shaking head without even looking "We have the Milan kick off party to attend to" she rushes to my bed and slams my laptop shut.

"Why do we need a Milan kick off party in New York, you're only gonna be there for three weeks" I tell her, trying to stop her from messing up the papers.

"Because, we rented the Carter's resort, invited important people, have pieces of my collections hung up and we're gonna spend a lovely friday night dancing in pretty dresses" she cups my cheek and gives me her best sweet motherly smile.

"Can't I just stay home?" I look up at her but she only shakes her head.

"Nope! I have a new dress for you, so get your ass up and get ready, sweetie" she kisses my forehead and leaves my room.

With a groan, I walk into my closet to reveal the black zip bag. A long black front slit dress with a gorgeous decolletage neckline and shoulder hugging off-shoulder sleeves.

I strip and put the dress on. Looking in the mirror, I feel simple. Finding the perfect black gloves and some jewelry the outfit gets a beautiful touch. The dress will hug every curve it finds and it looks as if the dress was simply made for my body.

Admiring myself in the mirror for a few seconds before finding the perfect pair of black heels. After nearly two hours my makeup is finished as well as the messy bun full of curls is now straightened and falling down to my mid waist.

I walk down the stairs to greet my parents in the hallway. My mom in a gorgeous emerald dress and my father in a black suit with a matching colored tie to mom's dress. They both look adorable.

During the car ride towards the resort I ask my parents who will be there.

"Well there will be models, investors, some friends, designers, the Carters of course so you won't be alone, you'll have your boyfriend" my mother rambles.

"My what?" I shut my mouth directly after seeing the faces on my parents. Shit. "Oh right, Miles, my boyfriend, yes. He is my dear boyfriend. Miles Carter, that's him" I awkwardly laugh. The look on my parents face tells me they're confused and my awkward laugh doesn't make it any better.

As we arrive at the Carter's resort there's photographers taking pictures of every person arriving. I always get anxious during the press. They always shout your name, telling you how to look and act.

The car door opens and my trusty chauffeur holds out his hand. As soon as I'm out the door, cameras are flashing at me and my name is being shouted.

My parents start walking towards the door and that's when my eyes spot the person on top of the stairs. A wash of relief when I meet Miles's eyes and I let out a deep sigh.

I make my way up the stairs, towards him. He greets me when I'm at the top. We both let out a smile at each other. Everyone shouting our names while flashing the camera lights at us.