5 | the date

I'm going on a date

I'm going on a date. With Miles Julian Carter and he asked me to wear something comfy along with my swimsuit. So here I am, waiting in the hallway in my black leggins and gray hoodie over my bikini. This will be intresting.

Expecting to hear a honk from his car, I was surprised when the doorbell rang. Making my way to the door, I open the door to reveal my long time best friend in gray sweatpants and a maroon crew neck.

"M'lady" he bows, holding up a bouquet of light pink sweet peas, my favorite flowers.

"Oh, thank you gentleman" I chuckle while taking the flowers in my hand. They smelled amazing. "Let me put them in water before we leave" I smile at him, heading back inside "Come on in, I'll be back soon"

A few minutes later, Miles Carter was leading me to his car as his date, with a hand on my back. A day no one saw coming, at least not me and hopefully no one else. He opens the car door for me, shutting it before he runs around and takes the driver seat.

We start driving out of the neighborhood, heading out in the busy New York traffic.

"I must say, even in sweats you look beautiful" he winks at me with a hint of humor in his voice. Although, being called beautiful never fails to make my cheeks tint with the color pink.

"You're acting really weird" I blurted out after he openly flirts with me for five minutes straight.

"I told you this would be the best date you'd ever had, so I'm gonna treat you like I normally do with my dates" he starts but change his words after a few seconds "but, maybe with a little more respect"

We both laugh in unison and keep making conversation as Miles drives through the New York traffic. Finally we arrive and I notice he parked his car at his apartment building.

My mouth gape "are we really spending our date in your apartment? Wow that's-"

"Relax princess, we're not even gonna enter my apartment, unless you want to" he gives me a smirk as I step out of the car and he holds his hand, although I slap it away.

"Don't fool yourself"

"I'm joking, now come on" he takes my hand in his and we head towards the elevator. When I see him press the rooftop button I immediately know where we're going. The rooftop has an all year around heated private pool the residents can rent at any time.

The elevator bell clings and the door opens. At the rooftop I spot a blanket spread out under a pavilion with fairy lights. The blanket has a basket full of food on it with a bottle of champagne waiting for us.

"Miles-" I stood with my jaw at the ground. He laughs at the reaction, pulling my hand and dragging me with him.

"The food won't eat itself" we sat down on the blanket and he started pulling out two boxes of sushi, some berries and fruit to dip in melted chocolate over a candle along with our drinks.