Chapter 23: The New Justin & a Secret

Jason's POV

I watched Justin carefully as he ate his peanut butter and fluff sandwich. Taylor, Francis, Ben, and Chase were also sitting at the table with their eyes glued to Justin. He looked up from his sandwich and everyone's eyes went wandering to anything but Justin.

"Okay, I know you guys want answers." He clapped his hands together and stuffed that rest of the sandwich down his throat ending it with a glorious burp.

"Well, I guess the Moon Goddess visited me." He said nonchalantly.

All of our jaws dropped to the floor. "Seriously? Of all the people here, she chooses to visit Justin? Ow!" I saw Taylor hit Ben upside the head for his obnoxious complaint.

Ah, the beauty of siblings. Wait, Jason. If Justin came back from a vision with the Moon Goddess and can shift with clothes, doesn't that mean that Taylor has met the Goddess as well?

Gabe that's crazy. There's no... I thought about what he just said. Justin sees the Goddess, poof. He can shift with clothes on. Taylor has been able to shift with clothes on for a while. I put two and two together.

"Taylor." She gave me a questioning look.

"What?"

"You can shift with your clothes intact." I need credit! I'm the one who told you.

"And..." Taylor didn't see a connection.

"Well, I was wondering if you've ever been in contact with the Moon Goddess." Everyone's heads looked towards Taylor.

"If I did, I would have told you. From what I can recall, I have never in my life seen the so-called Moon Goddess."

Ben snorted. "My sister doesn't have a goddess approved bone in her body. I don't think the Goddess would ever have the intent to meet with her."

If looks could kill, Ben would be lying dead in a puddle of blood. With Taylor's facial expression, Ben let out a nervous laugh. "I was just kidding sis. You know your Goddess material." She kept staring him down.

Justin cleared his throat. "I don't care about the clothes shifting thing. The Goddess told me I was to be one of the 5 to rescue Jess."

I nodded. 3 of the 5 spots were filled. Me, Taylor, and now Justin. Just 2 more spots were left.

"Ok two more spots. We need training still but the 4 days is enough. Today is Thursday and Friday there will be a ... Ball." I said cringing at the last word.

"What?!" Taylor looked furious. "Why are we having a ball before we have to fight for our lives?" That's a good question, you should ask dad about it. I already knew the answer. "You'll see, but for now I think we need some shut-eye. Tomorrow's Monday and we have a long week of training ahead of us."

I looked back as Taylor and Ben started walking back. In front of them, the sun was setting. When their figures had disappeared, I headed off to bed along with Chase, Justin, and Francis.

I took my shirt and shoes off and flopped into bed. I rested my hands behind my head and laid here peacefully.

Come in Jason, I repeat come in.

What the hell? My mind link wasn't open.

Who is this and how are you doing this?

Oh sorry, it's Justin. I don't know how I can do this but I can break the rules of mind linking.

Just like Taylor. Keep that noted Gabe.

Ok, so what can I do for you?

Well, I needed to tell you that someone's going to have major choices on Friday night. The choice is going to determine if Jess gets out of there alive. So when you pick the last two make sure they can be trusted. Personally I would pick Francis and Chase but that's just me.