Chapter 27- A Night to Remember

Picturing a cute lit up woodsy area for the party. What do you think?

Jasper's POV

I paced in my room, back and forth. I couldn't keep my mind off the girl I saw in the jail cell. She was beautiful, never mind the fact that she knew someone named Justin. Once the girl had said his name, it set off a memory I had desperately tried to bury deep into my brain years ago. Could it be my brother? No, it couldn't be. I never thought I would hear his name again.

I ran my hand over my scar on my chest. My brother. He was one year older than me. I remember playing with him and my mom when we were kids. Having dinner as a family, debating who's wolf would be bigger, or our pathetic quarrels. Then there was an attack on our pack. I shook my head. The images crashing into my mind.

Screams were heard in the late-night air. I saw blood splatter on my bedroom window. I looked for mum, dad, or Justin. "Justin! Mum! Someone?!" I saw a metallic figure fly towards my window. I lunged away from it in a sorry excuse to protect myself. The window broke and the glass shattered and broke into sharp pieces. I felt tiny shards of glass bounce harmlessly off my body but then I felt a stinging pain in my chest. I tried to move but felt pain tear through my chest. I looked and saw a gigantic piece of glass lodged in my chest. I could feel pain spreading throughout my body. My eyelids start getting heavier. I started blacking out from the pain and the last thing I remembered was the sound of the explosion.

"Jasper. Jasper. Jasper!" I snapped out of my daze, feeling someone grabbing me.

"What?! Oh, hey Alex, what's up?"
"Nothing much I was just checking up on you. Are you okay? You were clutching your chest like you couldn't breathe."

"Oh, I'm fine. I was just remembering something from the past." I scratched my head nervously.

Alex gave me a weird look. He had been with me since I was rescued by the rouge group.

He dismissed the situation and grabbed a green beanie. He put it on and stopped for a second.

"Oh, the bloodsuckers called a mandatory meeting in ten."

Just the mention of vampires made me sick. The Rogues and vampires working together. It's a revolting thought, yet we're here and it's happening. I sat up from my bed and stood up. I stretched my back and walked to the kitchen. I poured some water into a cup and drank it. I could hear Alex patiently tapping his foot at the doorway.

I wiped my mouth and put the cup in the sink. Then I opened the door for him. "Ready?" I asked. "Ready as I'll ever be."

We walked to the meeting room and sat in the back. I saw Hardy, the rogue leader chatting with the vampire leader, Tavon. I looked at my phone while the rest of the rogues and vamps file into the room. The room quieted down when Tavon stood at the podium.

"Tonight the wolves are having a ball. It's a special night for them. But they're not the only ones celebrating. We may not have booze and cake, but we have an alliance."

"I'd rather have booze." I muttered. Alex chuckled next to me along with other rogues I knew.

"It has been a great experience for me to take part in, us Vampires working with the Rogues. I would like to thank the vampires for all of their help. We have much to gain after tomorrow. We don't know what will happen but remember to fight with all your might. There may be few enemies, but they are warriors. Very strong, very skilled, and very crafty. Don't underestimate them. Lastly, the one thing we need is the girl that will be joining their numbers."

I heard murmurs from the crowd.

"A girl warrior?"
"They must be crazy."
Alex leaned over to me. "Why would they bring a girl when they could bring another warrior?" I shrugged my shoulders.