Chapter 15: Vampires, Games, and Mi Mum

Recap: With that, he ran out of the fast-food restaurant and out of sight. Why can't I just go out with friends and not be confronted with annoying, sexist boys?

Jason POV

When Taylor came back to the table, something seemed off about her. I looked at her. Her hair was beautiful, her face concealed an iron door that kept many secrets, her shirt was clean, and there was a tomato stain on her pants. 

As she sat down something else felt weird about her. Something smelled off about her. I took a slight sniff of the air and growled. Something or someone had touched her. Something touched what was mine. I looked at everyone else at the table. No one else had a clue what was going on. I was about to speak up when Taylor's friend Sam spoke up. "What took you so long?" Everyone stared at her.

"I just had a run-in with someone, no big deal."

"Who was it?" Her beta, Max, asked.

"It was a trespassing vampire."

Everyone sat at the table with surprised faces. That has to be the first vampire to cross our land in more than 100 years. I wonder why. "Did he say why he was on our land?" I asked.

"He just said that he wasn't afraid of being on our land." Taylor didn't say anything else but her face told me that there was more to the story.

Sam got up and threw her stuff away and sat back down. "At least the creep left and didn't start a fight, that would have ended badly for him. I'm ready to leave and it looks like everyone else is too, so who's packhouse are we chilling at this afternoon?"

Taylor gave her an annoyed look and turned back to the group. "Well, I guess we could stay at Jason's for a little bit, but not too long. We have training again tomorrow and we all need plenty of sleep." We all nodded in agreement.

"I CALL NOT DRIVING WITH THE TWINS!" Jess shouted as she ran to Taylor's car. I groaned. The girls were going together. That slims out my chances of being with gassy #1 and gassy #2 by 3 people.

I ran to my jeep and started it up. "Francis, Chase, Justin! Get in here now!" I yelled. The three scrambled into the car and I locked the doors before the twins could open the doors. Behind the twins, I saw a depressed-looking Ben. I mouthed sorry to him as I backed out of my parking space. His head was hung with disappointment as the twins got into his car.

I waited for everyone to get buckled and ready to leave. Once all three cars were good to go, I led everyone back to our packhouse. Surprisingly, all the boys piled out of Ben's car alive. Well, now we know that none of the twins blew a gasket on the way home. Yeah but that might be a problem. Why Gabe? That means they can blow anytime when we're in the packhouse. We just have to keep our distance from them. What are we even doing with them? I have no idea hanging I guess, maybe we should ask.

As we walked to the door, my dad came out with a grave face. "Jason! I need to talk to you now."

Chase patted me on the back. " I can handle everyone while you're gone. We'll probably be in the living room or maybe the weight room. Come find us when you're done."

"Thanks, I'll catch you guys later."

I jogged into the house and to the garden. When I entered, dad was just staring outside with his back to me. When he saw me close the door, he turned around with a frown on his face. "Jason, do you know what happened while you were out with your friends?"

"No. What?" I said a little irritated.

"A vampire crossed into the Golden Paw territory."

"What?! Aren't they patrolling their own territory?"