Chapter 26- Before the Storm

Jason's POV

There was only an hour left until the ball started. Both packs were going. The only thing you could smell in both packhouses were burning hair, hairspray, perfume, and every variety of Axe Bodyspray under the moon. It was intoxicating.

I finished tying the bow tie, tightened it securely around my neck. My tux was a perfect fit. I looked in the mirror gelling my hair back a little bit.

As I started spiking my hair up, I heard a scream rip through the house and breaking my focus. My hands patted down my hair and messed the style up. "Come on!" I growled. Now I understand why girls take forever to get ready.

I heard another scream come from the same area. I decided that I had enough of the random screaming. It came from the girl's end of the packhouse and that's exactly where I intended to go.

On my way down the hall I remembered that I was mad at Sam and Taylor, but it was mostly Sam. That's because you can't be mad at Taylor. She's our mate and if you were ever mad at her I'd cut your balls off. I know that Gabe and those are your balls too. Oh yeah.

As I got closer to their room, I remembered back to yesterday in the mall.

--------------
It was just after meeting for lunch in the food court. The girls were looking at dresses while Justin and I sat watching them sort through the thousands of dresses in the store. As I sat watching the two girls, I learned that Sam knew one word. "No". Every dress Taylor would pick out, an immediate no would follow.

"Why can't girls just pick a dress and go?" Justin complained. "Because. You guys might die in less than 48 hours. Don't you want to be remembered wearing something nice if you die?" Sam said as she kept digging through the racks of dresses.

"Thanks for the boost of confidence Sam." Taylor said rolling her eyes. "What? No." Taylor put the red dress back on the rack and sighed. "It's the truth. No."

Taylor threw the ice blue dress back on the rack with a huff. "Which dress Sam? I'm debating on not going if you're going to say no to every dress I put in your face." Sam stood in the aisle holding out two gold dresses, comparing them to each other. "The dress will call to me. Just give me someone more time."

Did she just say a dress will call to her?

I looked at Justin who was sitting next to me.

Don't question it. It'll just confuse you more.

I learned to let the females do their thing so that I didn't suffer.

A black dress on a rack close to me caught my eye. I looked at it and imagined Taylor in it. Dayum she would look hot in that. I got up and grabbed it. "Sam what about this one." I said holding it up.

"Hmmmmm. Put this on Taylor. I think I'm hearing a ring" Sam said pulling Taylor into a changing room with her.

Sam is.......... interesting

I almost burst out laughing.
Justin looked about ready to burst of laughing next to me.

I'd like to call her special.

Good enough.

"OH MY GAWD!!!" I heard Sam shriek.

Special it is.

I heard Justin say as I ran over to the changing rooms. When I got to the entrance I saw Sam blocking the entry. "I want to see."

She started picking at her nails. "No." Pulverize her. I can't. Taylor would be upset with me. Dammit. Say the sales lady did it. I looked over at the saleswoman. She looked about 70 years old and had an "I love my granddaughter" sweater on. Yeah, I bet she could take Sam down.

"Come on Sam! I just want a peek." She burst out in hysterics. "That's what they all say. Now scram. You'll see her tomorrow."
--------------

I saw Taylor's door slightly ajar. Bingo! I slowly walked up the door and listened. "Stop it Sam! You're suffocating me!" I peered in and saw Sam dousing Taylor in hair spray. "Ahh! You're going to blind me you walrus!" Both of their backs were turned on me as Sam kept spraying hair spray all over Taylor. Taylor was coughing and looked like she was going to get up and turn towards me. Yes! Let's see that sexy thang in our dress.

"What do you think you're doing young man!?" I jumped out of my skin and turned around. My mom was standing in the middle of the hallway with her hands on her hips. Oh, sh*t. Red alert. We've been caught. Retreat! Turn around now. It's too late for that!

"I didn't raise my son to be a peeping Tom." She said grabbing my ear and twisting it, pulling me away from the girls.

"Ouch, mom! Stop that!" She let go of my ear. She had a strong grip for an older woman. "I just wanted to see her dress, Ma. By the way, you look beautiful tonight." I said giving her my best smile. "Nice try sweety but your not getting out of this one. In the car now, your not to go to that house until after the dance. "Bu- what?" She said interrupting me. "Nothing Ma." I hung my head in defeat and headed to the car. "That's what I thought." I watched mom walk back into the packhouse.

I got bored of sitting in the car and mind linked Francis, Chase, and Justin.

You boys ready yet?

Hell yeah! They all replied.

Chase had somehow talked Justin into going. I don't know how but it's good he did. Justin needs something to get his mind off Jess. Even I needed something to get my mind off Jess.

Let's go! I'm in the car.

We'll be there in a minute.

See ya.

After a couple of minutes, they came bustling down to the car with their fancy suits. "Aye. You look fresh bro." Francis said dapping my hand. "You're looking pretty slick." I said as Justin closed his door. "Thanks man."

I started the car and drove to the meadow where we trained. Dad said that's where the dance would be because of its secluded location and amount of space.

I parked the car and got out. There were tables of punch and snacks out. I saw a DJ in the middle of the meadow checking his sound systems. I turned around to see all the boys with smiles plastered onto the faces. "Who's ready to party?"

~~~~~~~~~

Ok I'm going to say it. Four more chapters. FOUR MORE HOLY SPACEMONKEYSRIDINGAMERICSNPHARAOH!!!!!! (Did anyone watch the race? First horse in 49 years to win the triple crown. Yeah, I'm a nerd like that. But four. This was my first book ever. I'd like to thank you guys for reading and being such a great group of people. Mostly for reading what my brain thinks of because you never know what will come out of it.

1 day of school. I'm going to explode. I'm so excited. IM BSING ALL MY FINALS WOOOOOOOO! BYE ABOUT TO TAKE ONE XD

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
EAT UNTIL YOU EXPLODE
<3