7 | Middle Finger

Italic dialogue = Kyros's language

~ He caught himself smiling and then he realized he was thinking about her ~

A few more days had past and Ziba has thankfully left them alone, with a condition. The condition being, Kyros couldn't go M.I.A. on everyone and still had to be a leader to his people. 

Though it was difficult to understand with his broken English, Posie put the pieces together a little bit and learned Kyros was in fact a king. Or some sort of leader for his "people." She still wasn't exactly sure how many people he led, how many other species were on this planet, or why the heck he's been neglecting his people for her, but she hopes to learn that the more she learned his language and the more his English improves.

She's also learned Kyros was the top hunter and warrior. Which obviously made sense with him being king and considering how many times he's saved her and effortless caught her food. Being king also had other benefits he's now taking advantage of.

Younger boys of his kind admired him greatly. So much so, they'd do anything to earn his approval. There were two boys in particular that were quite the fanboys of Kyros for a while now. Being the young and naive boys they were, they were willing to keep Posie a secret and to stand guard of the castle while Kyros attended to his duties during the day. For one, to ensure no one would enter. And two, to ensure Posie wouldn't leave.

When she heard of this plan, she thought it was ridiculous. How could two young teenage boys protect her?

Well, 13 year old boys certainly didn't grow the same on this planet as they did on earth.

The boys names were Vehmon and Crid. Both already over six feet tall, lean and mean hunting machines. She could tell they were the same kind of alien-people Kyros was, but their hair was a dark gray, Vehmon's eyes a bright orange and Crid's a bold yellow. Both were fanged and clawed, but had limited scales, just a few on their pecs. However, she couldn't piece together how they existed. If this planet had no women, where did children come from?

The boys were in awe the day they met her, with thousands of questions for Kyros she could only hope to understand.

The conversation between Kyros and the boys went like this:

"...."

"...."

"...."

"What is he?" Vehmon exasperated.

"Is it an infant?" Crid wondered.

"Why is he completely clothed?"

"Why is it's hair.... brown?" Crid asked with a wrinkled nose and a clawed finger pointed in her direction. "I've never seen hair the same color my shi-"

"Do not insult it!"

Kyros chuckled as the boys stared in awe at his human. "Posie is not a it or a he."

Posie was only able to pick up on her name.... But whatever Kyros just said made the boys' jaws drop.

"You don't mean...."

"A female?"

Kyros grinned and nodded. "Yes, she is a human. She was sent to me and I am putting my trust in you two to keep her safe just as I would." He spoke, his voice smooth but stern. "No one must know of her being here. Is that understood?"

The boys nodded eagerly. King Kyros, the Kyros, was entrusting them with his human! If he's king, that makes her their queen!

"Yes, sir!" Crid exclaimed.