20 | Terrible People

Thank you so so much for 320,000 reads!!
Please don't forget to comment and vote!

•••

"GET OUT OF HERE YOU MOOCH!" Posie hollered and chased the nuts for brains griffin away with a broom.

Kyros sighed as he watched from a distance, knowing his attempts to calm her would only fall on deaf ears. He feared she would over work herself, but she was currently in the "nesting" stage of pregnancy. She was cleaning and rearranging everything.

Thankfully, with the help of her favorite snack, he was able to lure her away from cleaning the already clean walkway and to take a break.

It didn't take very long for Posie to get pregnant. The first time she missed her period, she brushed it off. Maybe it was late. But when she missed it a second, and third, and the morning sickness that came with it, she knew.

Kyros was absolutely ecstatic. When she told him she hadn't got her period yet, he almost ran out the door, ready to tell his whole world.

Ultimately, couple decided to keep it a secret from their people until they knew for certain, which was very difficult for Kyros. But he kept his word and didn't say a peep.

But as the months went by, and her stomach grew bigger, there was no doubting she was expecting. They announced it to their people and everyone couldn't be more thrilled for the couple. This would be the first ever pregnancy and birth they'd ever experience... which made it all the more scary for Posie.

Kyros was good at encouraging her, ensuring her everything would be okay.

Months went by, and as her bump grew bigger, so did his protectiveness. Or overprotectiveness. Was it cute at first? Of course! But now at nearly nine months, was it getting a little annoying at times? Definitely.

If she was reaching to get something that just so happened to be on a high shelf and she had to stand on her tippy toes to grab it? Kyros would immediately swoop in to grab it for her, lightly lecturing her to not strain herself.

If she dropped something and bent down to pick it up? He would snatch it before she could, scolding her to be careful and to not hurt her back.

He was a lot more touchy too. If she was having a conversation with someone? He sat next to her with his large hands over her stomach. Getting dressed in the morning? Once he saw the little bump, before she could pull her shirt down the rest of the way, he's over there, placing a kiss to her belly.

While this was adorable, it's been everyday for the past eight months. If the hormones weren't there, she'd find it cute, but unfortunately, the hormones were very real.

"Do not give me that attitude, I am sick and tired of it!"

Kyros sucked in a sharp breath at his wife's sudden exclamation, not exactly sure what he did wrong. She a second ago, she was just leaning against him, both of them on a hay bale by the bonfire, when she suddenly snapped.

He blinked a few times before saying, "I breathed." He exasperated, adding a chuckle to make it seem lighthearted.

"No, you didn't just breathe. There was attitude in that breath. I've been married to you long enough now to know, I can tell." She snapped back, her arms crossed defensively over her chest.

He knew better than to argue so he just sighed and said, "okay, rebo. I'm sorry."

With that, she was content again and she snuggled against his chest, his arm coming around her to rest his large hand on her round stomach. He was relieved she seemed relaxed again as he traced patterns with his thumb on her belly... until he heard a sniffle.