25 | Jump

Wth 63,000 reads!? Thank you sm!!

Update: 327,000 :,) thank you!!!

•••

The absolute horror completely paralyzed Posie, and the more she thought about fighting back, or simply moving a bit, the more she felt discouraged and utterly terrified. She never thought she'd feel this way about her husband again.

Before he could squeeze her throat any tighter, a strong force violently hit Kyros on the back of the head, sending him tumbling to the dirt. Posie took everyone's surprise to her advantage and took off before anyone could grab her.

She hollered a "thanks" to Vehmon and Crid, who were hiding from atop of the aircraft and who sent the said "strong force" soaring into the back of her husband's head. A rock. They were also flipping off as many humans as they could.

It wasn't easy for Crid to get Vehmon out, but he managed to whack him on the back of the head just hard enough that the chip in his head controlling him broke! Once Posie was in the clear, gunfire sounded from above where the teenage boys were. Hopefully, they could figure out how to aim their stolen guns and not hit Kyros or her.

Her breath came in small spurts, hot and nervous. At her sides, her fingers curled into sweaty fists, swinging forward as if it would make her faster. Her lungs and heart were pumping, but the air didn't seem to be enough as she sprinted forward, panic trembling in her exhausted limbs. Even though her brain told her not to turn around, she couldn't help but to look to see if she was being followed. To her demise, Crid must have not hit Kyros hard enough.

She always thought her husband was hard headed.

Though a bit wobbly at first from the rock to the head (really more like a small boulder), Kyros easily passed the humans that were not taken out by Crid's bullets. He chased her at an inhuman speed, only a matter of seconds before he caught her.

She clutched the bundle strapped to her chest a tad tighter and ran even faster, praying Crid would notice and maybe hit him again.

She gasped came to a screeching halt, her toes dangerously close to the edge of the cliff, a several story drop waiting below. She whirled around to run in the opposite direction, but she was too slow. Kyros had her cornered.

His sharp canines were prominent as he bared his teeth, his claws extended. His scales that glistened in the sunlight that she normally adored, were nothing more than a reminder now that she couldn't hurt him. She couldn't stop him. Not if she tried her hardest. 

She began to hyperventilate and backed away from him, but her foot was now on the edge. He squared his shoulders and in a flash, he charged at her. She screwed her eyes shut braced herself for her inevitable death, either from the plummet off the cliff, or by her husband's teeth and fangs, but... he didn't touch her.

"Posie!" A loud scream came from the left.

It happened so fast, she wasn't sure if her brain truly comprehended that the body rushing past her was Vehmon. Before she could react, he shoved her out of the way and tackled Kyros off of the cliff and into the water below.

"No!" She cried and reached out as if she could stop them, but was nothing she could do as she watched their bodies hit the water below.

A gun clicked.

"Don't. Move." Antonio ordered, lowly. With a shaky grip, he held the gun pointed at her, with his other hand, he put pressure on his shoulder. It was bleeding. He got shot. Good, she decided.