13 | Cute

We gained like 1k reads in 3 days 😳
Thank you everyone!

Update: we are now at 307k reads... wth!? Thank you everyone!!

Over the next few days leading up to the ceremony, Kyros has done everything he could to make Posie feel safe and happy. They rarely ate their meals inside anymore because once he knew she enjoyed being outside, he took her out every chance he could. Sometimes it'd be a picnic where they skinny dipped, other times he'd find her other scenic places.

Thankfully, it wasn't until after the wedding ceremony that she would be required to attend activities with his people, so he was enjoying every second he had with her until things would get stressful again.

Occasionally he still had to leave her with Vehmon and Crid, but he was never long. And she'd always wait up for him to eat together. She didn't want to admit it out loud, but she missed him when he wasn't here. She found comfort in his presence. Maybe a friendship was sprouting between the two.

Kyros smiled as he returned back home and she grinned back in greeting. "Finished for the day. Ready to go?" He had their picnic basket all prepped.

"Yes, buuuut," she drawled with a grin on her lips making his stomach do that weird thing where it flutters. He still didn't know what it was. He just knew Posie caused it. "The boys and I found something and I wanted to discuss it with you."

He raised a brow, intrigued but hesitant. Then he looked to the boys, who were now debating on cowering and running away, fearing they might have pissed off their king.

"Before you get upset with them, I found it, and they just translated a little bit for me." She explained with a smug grin.

Slowly the boys inched towards the door and when they were close enough, they said their goodbyes and darted out of there. Well, Vehmon said goodbye, Crid flipped her off, Posie doing the same. It was their thing now.

She chuckled at them and sat on the bed, patting the empty space next to her. He complied and his cheeks instantly flushed when he spotted the papers she held in her hands.

"Oh, so you know what I'm talking about." She teased and bumped her shoulder against his arm. "The only thing the boys told me was the title." She told him, relieving his anxieties just a tad.

It was titled, "ujeluvro chotc uveag Posie." The first word didn't translate in English, but the closet definition the boys came up with was "adorable." Basically, it was, "cute things about Posie." The rest of it they refused to translate.

He cleared his throat. "It's some things I've learned about Posie so when you get introduced to my people, they'll know what to expect." He explained, rather shyly. "It'll be put into the translation book and copied into many more books."

She hummed at that. "Can you read some of it to me?"

With an affectionate roll of his eyes, he sighed, but ultimately could never say no to her. He read it out loud the best he could in English.

The list consisted of some the following:

- Posie says "ow" even when she's not hurt. She says it sometimes when she thinks she may have been hurt, but she's not sure yet.

- She likes to put shiny objects in the tiny holes in her ears.
- Update: She called them rings for her ears.
- Correction: earrings.

- Posie likes to cocoon herself in the blankets. She calls it the "human burrito." She has yet to explain what the latter word means.

- If Posie doesn't eat on time, she can get angry. She calls it "hangry," a combination of hungry and angry.

- If she hears or thinks of catchy music or a tune, she'll mimick it, even to the point of irritating herself.