T W E N T Y T H R E E

Y/N POV

"Yes how may I help you?" I asked confused as a police officer was standing in front of me when I opened the door.

"This is Mr Lee f/n's house right?" the officer asked me and I nodded still confused and eomma came to stand beside me, confused herself.

"What's the matter officer? Is something wrong?" eomma asked the officer.

"I assume you are his wife Mrs lee m/n and you are his daughter. I'm sorry to say this but we found Mr lee in an alleyway this morning. He was brutally murdered. Sorry for your loss" 

It felt as if my world was collapsing in front of my eyes. I wasn't as close to appa but I knew he loved me and I love him too.

He may not be the best father in the world but he always wanted the best for me. How can this happen? Why did this happen? Who did this to him? Before I could process what the officer said fully eomma collapsed and fainted behind me and I gripped onto her in a panic and tear stricken face.

"E-eomma, eomma wake up. I- I can't keep losing people c-close to me please!" I cried taking her in my arms not knowing what to do anymore.

What was I supposed to do? People I loved dearly were dying one by one. First it was Namjoon, now appa....what's happening? I couldn't keep my head straight so the police officer came towards us and helped me take eomma to the couch to lay her down.

I couldn't help but sob as one of my parents were already dead and now the other one just fainted like this. I couldn't think straight and the officer probably noticed that as he glanced at me worriedly.

"We have to investigate your father's murder case but it's probably not the best time. I would come later to ask the questions. You should probably call a doctor for your mother for now and take care of her. We will inform you after the autopsy of your father's body. I'm sorry again" he hesitantly said looking sadly at me as I nodded quickly not really knowing what to even answer to all that.

-

Everything seems to be a blur for me as people kept giving their condolences to eomma and me. It was the day of appa's funeral. I felt numb to everything around me looking at the tear stricken face of my mother. She has not been doing well since the news of appa's death. No matter what my parents did have love for each other. I can't bear to see eomma like this. She had always been a very strong woman. Seeing her broken like this hurts me more than anything.

Jungkook and his family has been here for me and eomma all this time. Jungkook's eomma has been trying to console eomma while Jungkook has been nothing but supportive of me and has been by my side all this time.

He arranged everything for the funeral and has been doing everything he can for us which I am really grateful for. It feels as if my once childhood friend in him has come back again.

"Y/n....it's time to go home" Jungkook said holding my shoulder comfortingly while his eyes were softly looking at me.

I could say nothing but just nod my head slowly. Jungkook bent down a little to look me in the eye while he held my face in his hands gently making me look at his gentle doe eyes.

"You need to stay strong baby. Omoni needs you and I am always here for you. We will get through this together baby. Everything will get better. Alright!?" He said giving me a kiss on the forehead and then pulled me into a hug while rubbing my back. I knew Jungkook was not good with emotions like these and I was grateful to have this tiny fragment of my childhood friend that was right now trying to give me comfort even though he didn't know how to. I was so grateful at the moment that I couldn't stop myself from leaning closer in his embrace to get a little more comfort which I needed very badly.

He kept consoling me while holding me close while I sobbed into his chest. Him.........my once childhood best friend .........

My current fiancé .... ....

But what you didn't notice was the dark glimmer and oh so evil smirk that he hid from clear view while holding you in his caging possessive arms which were clearly deceiving your sadness clouded mind. Finally were you now going to succumb to his innocent and comforting *deceiving* persona or were you going to find out the truth and be able to escape? Or was there ever a way to escape?Only time will tell....

________________________________

I'm really very sorry for not posting for so long. Along with all my studies, I started tutoring some kids for some pocket money for myself and then my exams started and I also got diagnosed with vertigo and then some issues were going on in my personal life . I was also having some problems regarding my passport so I am really sorry for not posting. I was going through a lot physically and mentally . I hope you all can forgive me for taking such a long time without announcing anything. But well I hope to post more regularly from now on here.

So I would post the next chapter of this story after this chapter completes 350 votes at least. I know it's a big number but my story has a lot of views but not much votes which disheartens me a lot so to encourage me I'm setting this goal and I also need a little time to gather my thoughts about this story so the goal is by.
*vote goal=350