Never Wrong a Slytherin Witch

Ivy was woken up at five am the next morning by her magical watch. Grumbling, she turned it off and nestled down deeper into her deliciously soft sheets.

Her father had given her the watch for her ninth birthday; it was quite pretty, the band was made of a silver chain, and the clock face was made of black pearl with small emeralds signifying each of the hours. Whenever she wanted to set an alarm, all she had to do was set the time she wanted to wake up at with the hands of the clock, then tap the face two times for it to revert to its correct time.

The next morning, at the time she had chosen, the watch would wake her up through a shot of magic. It felt a great deal like somebody was picking her up by her ankles and dunking her in an ice-water bath. It was a decidedly unpleasant feeling, but it had never failed to wake her up. Mostly because if she ignored it the feeling would repeat at increasingly close intervals till she was shivering even in the warmest bed.

Remembering that annoying detail, Ivy frowned deeply, and begrudgingly swung her feet out of bed onto the thick, plush carpet below, being careful not to wake Stheno, who was curled up on her pillow sleeping soundly.

Stretching her body out, Ivy pulled herself into a standing position and sleepily started walking to the bathroom, which Selina had pointed out to her the night before.

It was off to one side of the room, through another stone archway. Ivy walked in, and despite her exhaustion, sucked in a breath in awe. The room had a large mirror spread across the entirety of one wall, and underneath it there was an impressive black marble counter in which three silver sinks were set, the taps of each decorated with detailed snake engravings.

There was a very large bathtub in one corner, and a very large shower in the other, which was tiled emerald green, had multiple shower heads, and had a comfortable bench built into it. On the wall next to the shower hung three plush robes on silver hooks. They were emerald green, and in delicate silver script the initials of the girls were embroidered on each. In between the bathtub and shower there was a door that opened into private lavatory.

The walls were the same stone as she was growing accustomed to, but these had been smoothed down, unlike the rest. The floors were tiled black, and from the roof hung chandeliers of crystals and candles, which bathed the room in a warm glow.

After a brisk shower, Ivy slipped on the robe that had M. I. S. embroidered on it. With a delighted squeal, she realized that the robes had a drying charm on them, and her body was instantly dry on contact. Thanking Salazar that she was placed in the house with the richest, most opulent alumni and parents, Ivy wandered up to the sink and got ready for the day.

After a few minutes, she left to go back out to her room, and picking up her bag as well as the present and letter from the night before, she walked down the staircase in the middle of the room, careful not to wake her roommates or her pet. The closet was truly as amazing as Pansy has said. There was a couch with a small coffee table beside it which was facing a slightly elevated, hexagonal platform that had mirrors on the far three sides just behind the steps

On the other side of the steps, there was a large closet that held a large shoe display shelf, several clothes shelves, several clothes racks (three sets of each height), and a set of six drawers.

Taking a seat on the couch, Ivy opened the letter that had her name written on it in a strong black script.

To Miss Medusa Ivy Stone,
Congratulations upon your sorting into Slytherin. In this house, we hope that you will discover your true friends, unlock all your potential, and strive to be the best witch you can be. Many of the most powerful witches and wizards of all time have been students of this proud house of Salazar Slytherin, including Merlin, one of the most powerful wizards ever known. May you accept these gifts as tokens of our welcome to Slytherin house.
Best wishes,
The Slytherin Benefactor Society.