You bettah check yo elf before you wreck yo elf

She'd had a big day, and an even bigger week, and at least for that night she didn't want to think about being the first of her kind or prophecies any longer; she just wanted to be a girl goofing off with her friends, so that's exactly what she did.

Ivy was in desperate need of a relaxing day. The events of the semester had her thoroughly exhausted, not to mention the last day, and all she was wishing for was 24 hours of perfect, simple boringness. Athemar and Kyria weren't coming to Hogwarts in order to do a little christmas shopping and welcome Blaise and Draco's mums to town, so Ivy had planned to pick the spot closest to the fire, curl up with a stack of books and Stheno, and only move for the occasional game of chess. As she went to bed, Ivy looked back sourly on how she ought to have knocked on wood a few times before wishing so much in her head.

The majority of the day went quite perfectly to plan. Draco had evidently decided (wisely) that it was a bad idea to pester her, so he took up the spot beside her and flicked languidly through the newspaper and then his own small pile of books. The other flitted through intermittently, pulling Ivy from the page to engage in a bit of laughter and chat before leaving again her energy started to fade once more.

Draco brought her back plates of food from breakfast, lunch and dinner and the house elves graciously brought forth the occasional steaming pot of tea, and Ivy couldn't help but think that in that moment she was about as content as any person could ever be. 

Some time after supper she was nose-deep in a preposterous muggle book Hermione and leant her called "Alice in Wonderland" when she heard Draco saying something. Pulling her eyes from the page she looked up at him and let the real world come slowly back into focus. "What was that, Draco?"

"I was just asking if you'd seen Crabbe and Goyle around anywhere, they wouldn't leave me alone in the Great Hall at supper, and now they are nowhere to be seen. Bit odd, isn't it?" His face held no concern for the two boys who followed him around everywhere, only a mild interest.

Ivy wrinkled up her nose and shook her head slightly. "Sorry, but I haven't moved once all day. Even if I had I usually try to avoid seeing them. Gives me a headache." Ivy turned to look down at her page once again, but Draco would not sit still. 

"Good Salazar," She huffed and rested her book down again. Why are you wriggling?" The look Draco gave her was one that was clearly meant to elicit pity but really only made him look a bit odd under his head of stiffly gelled back hair. "I'm boreddd." He whined.

For the third and final time Ivy set her book down with a sigh. "Would you like to go for a walk, you absolute child?" Draco made a move as though he were about to throw a pillow at her but she simply raised her brows at him, making him stop cold just as he took hold of the fabric. He slowly released his grip and smiled sheepishly at Ivy, who shook her head fondly and moved her somewhat stiff legs off from the sofa and onto the floor.

Draco was already up and in front of her, extending his arms down to help her to her feet, earning him a beaming smile that made the tips of his ears go quite red. Mustering up all of his courage he dropped one of her hands but kept the other in his, swinging it slightly between them as they walked through the common room, feeling quite like he was the King of the world when she didn't drop it.

He might've felt a good deal more humble had he known what was going through Ivy's head at that moment, which was nothing. She stifled a yawn with her free hand and blinked hard, trying desperately to wake herself up as Stheno coiled herself comfortably around Ivy's neck. They walked through the bottom floor like this for a little while before they turned a corner and saw Crabbe and Goyle talking to the Gryffindor prefect.

Ivy vaguely remembered him as Ron's older brother as Draco lead them towards the group, much to Ivy's dismay. "Crabbe. Goyle. Where have you been? Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time?" Ivy snorted absentmindedly, blissfully unaware of the bolstering effect it had on the white-haired boy. "Why are you wearing glasses?"