Gilderoy Lockhart Ruins Everything

Ivy and her friends all fell asleep with the same wish in their minds; that she wouldn't have to deal with Harry, Hermione or Ron again for a very, very long time. Tragically Gilderoy Lockhart had different intentions.

The morning of their first mandated dueling club dawned with Ivy in almost as bad of a temperament as Selina when she was woken first by her alarm, then by Pansy pulling her covers off of her with flourish when she ignored her watch for the third time.

The cold of the room hit her and she gasped and curled into a ball, only raising her hand to flip Pansy off, who laughed merrily and went to wake Selina, a brave sacrifice which immediately cured Ivy of her lingering resentment.

She rolled herself out of bed and laughed at the pair across the room. Pansy was expertly dodging all manner of pillows and flying limbs as she tried to pull the covers off of Selina, who was hollering and keeping them clenched in a tight fist.

She walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower, cackling with mirth as she heard Pansy yell, "Selina, Selina no. Put that down. SELINA NO STOP." Something shattered against the wall in the bedroom but Ivy was much too smart to go check on what it was as she shook her head, smiling fondly and stepped into the warm rush of water.

Salazar Slytherin may have been a discriminatory prick, but Ivy was still thankful that his predilection for the grander things in life had survived throughout the years, allowing her the luxury of this amazing shower.

She stepped out and had barely secured her bathrobe before Selina pushed past her, cackling maniacally as Pansy scrambled behind, losing the race.

Ivy grinned at the panting, scowling witch who was glaring at the shower as though trying to melt it with her mind. "She threw a plate at me Ivy. A plate. Don't ask me where she got it. And if you're imaging a saucer, picture instead something dangerously near a platter. This beats the shoe by a fucking mile. Never mind duelling classes, just bring a sleeping Selina along and wake her up right before the fight starts."

Ivy laughed as she went to get coffee for the three of them from her coffee bar. She shook her head fondly at the smashed plate that lay on the ground by the wall near Selina's bed. Admittedly it was her fault it was there. She'd brought in cookies and forgotten to return the dish. She wasn't about to tell Pansy that though.

As she gathered up the three mugs precariously in her hands, she smiled again to herself. She was dreading today, and had been close to murder when she woke up, but just by being their usual ridiculous selves Pansy and Selina had completely turned her mood around.

She walked into the bathroom and set their mugs by each of their sinks. Pansy smiled thankfully and raised her mug in a salute before taking a long sip. "My mother wrote to me. Told me she hopes I've been sensible and kept my hair long. It would break my heart to tell her I have, so can we please handle that situation tonight?"

Ivy grinned and nodded at her. The one good part of the dueling club was that it left her evening free, meaning she would have plenty of time to abysmally hack away at her friends unsettlingly long hair.

Selina stepped out of the shower, her sunny disposition firmly back in place. Pansy thanked Ivy then went to finally take her own shower. Ivy wrinkled her nose up as Selina lovingly took a sip of her coffee, laden as usual with lots of creamer and sugar.

"It just goes to show how much I love you that I ruin a perfectly good cup of black coffee every morning for you to drink." She said, watching her friend close her eyes in happy bliss.

Selina opened one eye to look at her with a mischievous twinkle shining out of the forget-me-not blues. "Maybe you should try it. It might make you less bitter."